Manu Abraham wrote:
> On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 9:42 PM, David Lister <foc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Manu Abraham wrote:

>>> The Mystique is just a rebranded KNC1+ which just uses the same
>>> STB0899 module, FYI. :-)
>>>

>> Not exactly. People usually say it is a rebrand/clone of KNC1+, but it's
>> not. :) There are couple of differences -- Mystique is a lighter version
>> missing these features:
>> 1) Signal passthrough via loop-out connector
>> 2) Video input port for analogue capture
>>
>> I'm glad you reminded me of this misconception, the differences might be
>> important for somebody. I was considering Mystique for myself, but chose
>> CX24116 over STB0899, because this time, I wanted official support. I
>> don't need analogue capture and CI anyway (I use softcam and for analog,
>> much better Hauppauge PVR-500). I suggest Mystique instead of KNC1+ for
>> purely practical reasons - it's more available, cheaper and nicer. :)
>>
> No misconceptions:

Oh, but there are. We were both talking about the sat version of KNC1+,
not KNC1! You said and I quote: "The Mystique is just a rebranded
KNC1+", which is not true. That's why I originally said that it's
*similar* to Mystique, which *is* true. It might be the same as plain
KNC1 or dozens of other rebranded versions, but that wasn't the point.
The misconception is that "Mystique is KNC1+ clone" -- it is not.
Perhaps I could have mentioned basic TV Station DVB-S too, but I didn't
expect I'll have to defend every word I say. Now that I think about it,
I'm glad I didn't - your inability to comprehend the simplest of
meanings shines like the sun.

Your follow-up comment was completely useless, arbitrary trolling. If
you could face the life like a man instead of a cry baby, you wouldn't
have the need to patronise me (unsuccessfully:)) in an unrelated thread
just because of our earlier argument. You should be ashamed of yourself.
You're a DVB driver developer and you have a hard time arguing with
somebody who has seen DVB-S for the first time in his life a month ago!

> So support for it just appeared like magic ?

Were you arguing with one of your other personalities in your head that
I missed something? I'm afraid you are a bit confused today, or you
misinterpret the meaning of my words on purpose, or are just pissed off
at me. :) Whatever. Because it might be your weak English, I'm not going
to call you an idiot like you called me a few times today, even though
this time it *would* be appropriate. It's the same thing as in the other
thread all over again. It's impossible to have a normal intelligent
conversation with you. I'm not going to support your trolling any more.

As usual, I wish you good luck in your efforts. Looks like you need it.

--
Dave