Am Samstag, den 23.05.2009, 22:12 +0200 schrieb David Lister:
> Manu Abraham wrote:

> >> Not exactly. People usually say it is a rebrand/clone of KNC1+, but it's
> >> not. :) There are couple of differences -- Mystique is a lighter version
> >> missing these features:
> >> 1) Signal passthrough via loop-out connector
> >> 2) Video input port for analogue capture
> >>
> >> I'm glad you reminded me of this misconception, the differences might be
> >> important for somebody. I was considering Mystique for myself, but chose
> >> CX24116 over STB0899, because this time, I wanted official support. I
> >> don't need analogue capture and CI anyway (I use softcam and for analog,
> >> much better Hauppauge PVR-500). I suggest Mystique instead of KNC1+ for
> >> purely practical reasons - it's more available, cheaper and nicer. :)
> >>
> > No misconceptions:
> >
> Oh, but there are. We were both talking about the sat version of KNC1+,
> not KNC1! You said and I quote: "The Mystique is just a rebranded
> KNC1+", which is not true. That's why I originally said that it's
> *similar* to Mystique, which *is* true. It might be the same as plain
> KNC1 or dozens of other rebranded versions, but that wasn't the point.
> The misconception is that "Mystique is KNC1+ clone" -- it is not.
> Perhaps I could have mentioned basic TV Station DVB-S too, but I didn't
> expect I'll have to defend every word I say. Now that I think about it,
> I'm glad I didn't - your inability to comprehend the simplest of
> meanings shines like the sun.
>
> Your follow-up comment was completely useless, arbitrary trolling. If
> you could face the life like a man instead of a cry baby, you wouldn't
> have the need to patronise me (unsuccessfully:)) in an unrelated thread
> just because of our earlier argument. You should be ashamed of yourself.
> You're a DVB driver developer and you have a hard time arguing with
> somebody who has seen DVB-S for the first time in his life a month ago!
>

> > So support for it just appeared like magic ?
> >
> Were you arguing with one of your other personalities in your head that
> I missed something? I'm afraid you are a bit confused today, or you
> misinterpret the meaning of my words on purpose, or are just pissed off
> at me. :) Whatever. Because it might be your weak English, I'm not going
> to call you an idiot like you called me a few times today, even though
> this time it *would* be appropriate. It's the same thing as in the other
> thread all over again. It's impossible to have a normal intelligent
> conversation with you. I'm not going to support your trolling any more.
>
> As usual, I wish you good luck in your efforts. Looks like you need it.

David,

as said previously, you can't mark whole companies as bad and especially
about TechnoTrend you should know much more.

This starts with reading the DVB headers to get at least an idea of it.

In short, Manu is right and you are wrong.

Or take over better maintenance of v4l-dvb 24/7 :)

Cheers,
Hermann