On Friday 19 June 2009 17:42:18 Devin Heitmueller wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 19, 2009 at 11:33 AM, Hans Verkuil<hverk...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> > What's the compile error exactly? The firedtv driver compiles fine in
> > the daily build against the vanilla 2.6.30 kernel.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> >        Hans
>
> Unfortunately, I sent the email from work and didn't have the output
> in front of me (or else I would have pasted it into the email).
> Several people also reported it on #linuxtv on 6/11, but it looks like
> the pastebins have already expired.  :-(
>
> I will provide the output tonight.  I started to debug it last night,
> and it seems that firedtv-ieee1494.c doesn't normally get compiled at
> all, so if you add 1394 support to your build you will likely also see
> the issue.

Hmm, I discovered that firedtv-1394.c isn't compiled in the daily build even
though ieee1394 is enabled in the kernel. I can manually enable it, though:
make menuconfig, disable and enable the firedtv driver, and then it
magically works. But even then it still compiles fine against the vanilla
2.6.30 kernel.