On Wednesday 22 July 2009 13:59:00 Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Wednesday 22 July 2009 02:51:12 Trent Piepho wrote:
> > On Tue, 21 Jul 2009, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> > > So its either I have *two* machines with bad, but only slightly bad,
> > > and in the same way, PCI slots which seem to work fine with any other
> > > card I have (uh, unlikely), or my HD-3000 has gone belly up on me in
> > > some subtle way. The cx8802 part never shows up under lspci on either
> > > machine I've tried it in. Suck.
> >
> > Check your eeprom, it could be set incorrectly.
> >
> > "i2cdump -f 0 0x50" will show the contents if the HD-3000 has i2c bus 0.
> > i2cdump with no arguments will tell you what each bus is.
> >
> > The first 12 bytes should look something like this:
> > 00: 06 ff ff ff 63 70 00 30 e0 01 40 ff 00 00 00 00    ?...cp....@.....
> >

> > The first byte should have bit 0x04 set to enable mpeg.
>
> So here's what was in my eeprom:
>
> 00: 00 00 00 00 63 70 00 30 e0 01 40 ff 00 00 00 00    ....cp....@.....
>
> Sooo... For funsies, I figured out how to use i2cset, and made it match
> your example. After rebooting, I have the cx8802 device showing up
> again. Cool! Now to see if it actually *works*... :)

Yup, seems to work, just did an OTA scan w/o a problem, azap gets a
lock, signal and snr, dvbtraffic, and video coming off it look sane.

Now the question I have is how the hell did the eeprom get hosed over
in the first place?...

In any case, thanks much! Happy to have it back in working order.

--
Jarod Wilson
ja...@redhat.com