On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 5:40 PM, Valerio Messina<e...@iol.it> wrote:
> 1 - On/off button on the IR as now, send a command to the desktop to start
> the shutdown, reboot, suspend or hybernate window. To me should send
> something to the active window only, like an ALT+F4 to close the windows
> (for example Kaffeine).

This is typically controlled by your application or the desktop
environment.  The on/off is mapped the same across all remote
controls.

> 2 - is there a simple (like a configuration text file) method to assign
> functions to unused buttons on the remote IR, like start an executable or
> send dbus messages?

The map that I committed in does have all the keys mapped to input
event codes.  You would need to reconfigure your input subsystem to
point the event codes to some other function.

> 3 - the TVtuner remain ON, also when user applications are all OFF. It
> become hot specially in summer. That tuner is not well designed in the
> thermal aspect, and when ON stay at 50°C, where blocky video and noisy audio
> happen. I made same holes on the two narrow side of the case and now is
> better. Is there a method to swith OFF, on put on standby the tuner (like on
> Windows) when it is unused?

The power management on these devices could certainly use some work.
I thought the power management was working on that board since it has
an xc3028 tuner chip, but I would have to look at the code to be sure.

Devin

--
Devin J. Heitmueller - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com