Antonio Ospite schrieb:
On Sun, 4 Oct 2009 00:31:24 +0200 (CEST)
Guennadi Liakhovetski <g.liakhovet...@gmx.de> wrote:

On Sat, 3 Oct 2009, Antonio Ospite wrote:

[...]
Anyways your patch works, but the picture is now shifted, see:
http://people.openezx.org/ao2/a780-pxa-camera-mt9m111-shifted.jpg

Is this because of the new cropping code?
Hm, it shouldn't be. Does it look always like this - reproducible? What program are you using? What about other geometry configurations? Have you ever seen this with previous kernel versions? New cropping - neither mplayer nor gstreamer use cropping normally. This seems more like a HSYNC problem to me. Double-check platform data? Is it mioa701 or some custom board?

It seemed to be reproducible yesterday, but I can't get it today, maybe
it happens in low battery conditions. I am using capture-example.c from
v4l2-apps. Never seen before. I am testing this on a Motorola A780,
the soc-camera platform code is not in mainline yet.
Only for your information. Maybe it helps to reproduce the error.

I have the same problem with my own ov9655 driver on a pxa platform since I update to kernel 2.6.30 and add crop support. Every first open of the camera after system reset the image looks like yours. If I use the camera the next time without changing the resolution everything is OK. Only during the first open the resolution of the camera is changed and function fmt set in the ov9655 driver is called
twice. I use the camera with my one program and it doesn't use crop.
Thanks
Guennadi
---
Guennadi Liakhovetski, Ph.D.