On Mon, 05 Oct 2009 08:32:10 +0200
Stefan Herbrechtsmeier <hbme...@hni.uni-paderborn.de> wrote:

> Antonio Ospite schrieb:

> >> Hm, it shouldn't be. Does it look always like this - reproducible? What
> >> program are you using? What about other geometry configurations? Have you
> >> ever seen this with previous kernel versions? New cropping - neither
> >> mplayer nor gstreamer use cropping normally. This seems more like a HSYNC
> >> problem to me. Double-check platform data? Is it mioa701 or some custom
> >> board?

Platform data: if I set SOCAM_HSYNC_ACTIVE_HIGH the result is even
"wronger", with or without SOCAM_HSYNC_ACTIVE_LOW I get the same
result, now reproducible, see below.

> Only for your information. Maybe it helps to reproduce the error.
>
> I have the same problem with my own ov9655 driver on a pxa platform
> since I update to kernel 2.6.30
> and add crop support. Every  first open of the camera after system reset
> the image looks like yours.
> If I use the camera the next time without changing the resolution
> everything is OK. Only during the
> first open the resolution of the camera is changed  and function fmt set
> in the ov9655 driver is called
> twice. I use the camera with my one program and it doesn't use crop.

Thanks Stefan, now I can reproduce the problem.
1. Boot the system
2. Capture an image with capture-example from v4l2-apps.

Then I have the shift as in the picture above on the *first* device
open, if I open the device again and capture a second time, without
rebooting, the picture is fine.

I'll let you know if I find more clues of what is causing this
behavior.

Thanks,
   Antonio

--