On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 6:43 PM, Andy Walls <awa...@radix.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-11-24 at 13:05 -0500, Robert Longfield wrote:
>> I have a PVR-150 card running on mythbuntu 9 and it appears that my
>> card is suffering a vertical (and possibly a horizontal) sync issue.
>>
>> The video jumps around, shifts from side to side, up and down and when
>> it shifts the video wraps. I'm including a link to a screen shot
>> showing the vertical sync problem
>>
>> http://imagebin.ca/view/6fS-14Yi.html
>
> It looks like you have strong singal reflections in your cable due to
> impedance mismatches, a bad splitter, a bad cable or connector, etc.
>
> Please read:
>
> http://www.ivtvdriver.org/index.php/Howto:Improve_signal_quality
>
> and take steps to ensure you've got a good cabling plant in your home.

Was it previously working well then went bad?

Does the problem occur when using the svideo/composite inputs?

Does the problem only occur after the unit has been running for sometime?

If the problem repro's under windows call Hauppauge tech support.

--
Steven Toth - Kernel Labs
http://www.kernellabs.com