> Antonio,
>
> the report for tda10046 firmware loading is missing. Was that OK?

Yes:

tda1004x: setting up plls for 48MHz sampling clock
tda1004x: found firmware revision 29 -- ok

> LR301 is a LifeView design. It is very common to see multiple other
> subvendors for their cards, but they keep the original subdevice ID.
> In this case 0x0301. The subvendor 0x4e42 is usually Typhoon/Anubis and
> they are distributing clones of almost all LifeView cards.
>
> Gpio init is the same like on the other known LR301 cards and eeprom
> differs only for a few bytes, but not for tuner type, tuner and demod
> address.
>
> http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-328140.html
>
> Since this design with a saa7134 chip and tda8274 DVB-T only tuner is very
>  old, I don't expect an additional Low Noise Amplifier on it.
>
> We can't detect such LNAs and on newer cards they can cause problems, if
> not configured correctly and might cause "scan" to fail.
>
> If you mean above other card types did previously work for your card,
> use them and report.

No, I meant other "physical" cards. Just to ensure it is not likely to be an
aerial problem.

> Sorry, I don't have better ideas for your card so far.

I have not included the "tuner" parameter in the "options" line which I think
it could be the problem. Is this parameter mandatory? If so, which is the
proper one?

Cheers,
Antonio