Hello,

Am Montag, den 18.01.2010, 18:11 -0500 schrieb Will Tate:
> I'm not sure why access in userspace would be required.  I checked the
> schematic today and all the GPIO pins are used to communicate with the
> SAA6752HS on board for compression.  We do not bring the GPIO off the
> board anywhere.

thank you very much. I was still expecting that and did not get Gordon's
point, but must admit to have been totally unaware about the DI/O
features. RTD did all the hardware implementations themselves.

Very nice job that time.

> Gordon and I have spoken previously about the RTD software for digital
> I/O breaking with the migration of pcf8574 driver to the pcf857x.  So,
> perhaps he intended to use GPIO until I can fix the digital I/O
> software.

Ah, good to know. BTW, we had the mpeg encoder broken unnoticed for some
kernels, but due to fixes by Dmitri Belimov and extensions by Hans
Verkuil, we are much better on it these days. Enjoy.

Always let us know, if we can do anything or at least make it public for
those interested to work on it.

Thanks,
Hermann