I was also wondering if it might help to use the latest firmware? I
got the drivers from here
http://www.hauppauge.com/site/support/support_hvr2250.html. Looking at
your extract script, it is trivial to get the saa7164 firmware but
I've no idea how you calculated the offsets tda10048 firmware. Would
you have any pointers on this?

I've been testing new saa7164 firmware recently and I'm ok with it, I plan to push those changes into saa7164-stable in the next few days.

TDA10048 firmware rev'ing - I haven't yet looked at, although it's on my todo
list.

Anyway, apart from the problems noted above it is fine. I'm not sure
what the criteria is for merging support for this card into the main
repository, but I would view it as worthy of merging even with these
problems outstanding.

Many thanks,
Frank.

Interestingly, so far it only seems to affect the second adapter. The
first one is still working.

Curious.

--
Steven Toth - Kernel Labs