Em 17-10-2010 21:36, Andy Walls escreveu:
> On Sun, 2010-10-17 at 19:20 -0200, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I did a large effort during this weekend to handle the maximum amount of
>> patches, in order to have them
>> ready for 2.6.37. While there are still some patches marked as NEW at
>> patchwork, and a few pending pull
>> requests (mostly related to more kABI changes), there are still a list of
>> patches that are marked as
>> Under review. Except for 4 patches from me, related to Doc (that I'm keeping
>> in this list just to remind
>> me that I'll need to fix them when I have some time - just some automation
>> stuff at DocBook), all other
>> patches marked as Under review are stuff that I basically depend on others.
>>
>> The last time I sent this list, I was about to travel, and I may have missed
>> some comments, or maybe I
>> may just forgot to update. But I suspect that, for the list bellow, most of
>> them are stuff where the
>> driver maintainer just forgot at limbo.
>>
>> >From the list of patches under review, we have:
>>
>> Waiting for new patch, signed, from Sven Barth <pascaldra...@googlemail.com>
>>   Apr,25 2010: Problem with cx25840 and Terratec Grabster AV400
>>          http://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/94960   Sven Barth
>> <pascaldra...@googlemail.com>
>
> Sven,
>
> We need a "Signed-off-by: " for your submitted patch:
>
> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Development:_Submitting_Patches#Sign_your_work
>
> Note, your patch has an obvious, unintentional white space change for
> "if (std == V4L2_STD_NTSC_M_JP)", so could you fix that up and send a
> new signed off version?
>

> Mauro,
>
> This patch makes obvious sense to me: don't perform audio register
> updates on a chip that doesn't have an audio processing block.  Sven's
> approach was based on my recommended approach, after his initial
> discovery on how to get his audio working.
>
> Do we really need an S.O.B for something that appears to be common
> sense, and wouldn't have been implemented any other way, even if I had
> implemented it?

The original patch were in the middle of a discussion, no proper description,
bad whitespacing, etc. It is better to let the patch author to fix those issues,
as they learn more about how to submit a patch.

Anyway, I agree with you, the patch is obvious, and can proceed without the SOB.
I did the usual CodingStyle fixups, put part of your above comment as the patch
description, together with your ack and moved it forward. One patch less on my
queue ;)

Cheers,
Mauro