On Monday, February 28, 2011 18:11:47 Marek Szyprowski wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> The idea of v4l2 'brainstorming' session came out after a few discussions on
> #v4l
> IRC channel about various RFCs and proposals that have been posted recently. I
> would like to announce that Samsung Poland R&D Center (SPRC) agreed to take an
> opportunity to organize this meeting. I've got a reservation for a conference
> room for 16-18 March 2011 in our office.
>
> I would like to invite all of You for this V4L2 'brainstorming' session.
>
> I hope that this initial meeting date I've selected will fit us. We have 2
> only
> weeks for the preparation, but I hope we will manage. I'm open for another
> date
> and if required I will change the reservation.
>
> The meeting will last 3 days what gives us a lot of possibility to present the
> issues and proposals, discuss them further and work out a solution that will
> be
> accepted by others.
>
> From SPRC 4 developers will attend this meeting: Sylwester Nawrocki (s5p-fimc
> author), Kamil Debski (s5p-mfc author), Tomasz Stanislawski (s5p-tv author)
> and me
> (videobuf2 co-author and kernel lead developer in SPRC).
>
> A quick summary of the above:
>
> 1. Type of the meeting:
>         V4L2 'brainstorming' mini-summit :)
>
> 2. Place:
>         Samsung Poland R&D Center
>         Polna 11 Street
>         00-633 Warsaw, Poland
>
> 3. Date:
>         16-18 March 2011
>
> 4. Agenda
>         TBD, everyone is welcomed to put his items here :)

In no particular order:

1) pipeline configuration, cropping and scaling:

http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-media@vger.kernel.org/msg27956.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-media@vger.kernel.org/msg26630.html

2) HDMI API support

Some hotplug/CEC code can be found here:

http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-media@vger.kernel.org/msg28549.html

but Cisco will soon post RFCs on this topic as well.

3) Snapshot functionality.

http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-media@vger.kernel.org/msg28192.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-media@vger.kernel.org/msg28490.html

If we finish quicker than expected, then we can also look at this:

- use of V4L2 as a frontend for SW/DSP codecs