Hi all!

I'm trying to make the DVB_DEVICE_SEC approach work, however I'm experiencing certain problems with the following setup:

Software:
Linux 2.6.34.8 (vanilla)
drivers from http://linuxtv.org/hg/~endriss/v4l-dvb/

Hardware:
Digital Devices CineS2 + CI Module

Problems:

- Packets get lost in SEC device:

I write complete TS to SEC, but when reading from SEC there are discontinuities on the CC.

- SEC device generates NULL packets (ad infinitum):

When reading from SEC, NULL packets are read and interleaved with expected packets. They can be even read with dd(1) when nobody is writing to SEC and even when CAM is not ready.

- SEC device blocks on CAM re-insertion:

When CAM is removed from the slot and inserted again, all read() operations just hang. Rebooting resolves the problem.

- SEC device does not respect O_NONBLOCK:

In connection to the previous problem, SEC device blocks even if opened with O_NONBLOCK.

Best regards,
Martin Vidovic