On 23/04/11 13:37, Martin Vidovic wrote:
> Hi Issa,
>> Running a bunch of test with gnutv and a DuoFLEX S2.
>>
> I have a DuoFlex S2 running with CI, but not nGene based (it's
> attached to Octopus card - ddbridge module).
>
>> I would run gnutv  like 'gnutv -out stdout channelname >
>> /dev/dvb/adapter0/caio0' and then 'cat /dev/dvb/adapter0/caio0 |
>> mplayer -'
>> Mplayer would complain the file is invalid. Simply running simply 'cat
>> /dev/dvb/adapter0/caio0' will show me the same data pattern over and
>> over.
>>
> I suspect the problem is that reads/writes are not aligned to 188
> bytes with such invocation of commands. Maybe if you tried replacing
> 'cat' and '>' with 'dd' (bs=188). Other important thing seems to be,
> to read from the caio0 fast enough or real data is overwritten with
> null packets (haven't proved it, but it looks this way on nGene).
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Best regards,
> Martin Vidovic

Okay, but have you managed to decode any channel yet ?

I find some code odd, maybe you can take a look as well...

init_channel in ngene-core.c creates the device sec0/caio0 with the
struct ngene_dvbdev_ci. In ngene-dvb.c you can see that this struct
declares the methods ts_read/ts_write to handle r/w operations on the
device sec0/caio0.

Now take a look at those methods (ts_read/ts_write). I don't see how
they 'connect' to the file cxd2099.c which contains the methods handling
the i/o to the cam.

--
Issa