On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 6:11 PM, Javier Martinez Canillas
<martinez.jav...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, I'll cook a patch today on top on your omap3isp-yuv and send for
> review. I won't be able to test neither since I don't have proper
> hardware at home. But at least you will get an idea of the approach we
> are using to solve this and can point possible flaws.

I made some tests and unfortunately there are some problems.

Note: i made these tests picking some patches from omap3isp-yuv branch
and applying to igep 3.1.0rc9 kernel (more or less like mainline +
some bsp patches) so maybe i made some mistakes (the tvp5150 driver is
patched too), but due to the nature of the problems i don't think this
is the case.

Javier patches v1: i can grab frames with yavta but i get only garbage.

Javier patches v2: i cannot grab frames with yavta (it hangs). I see
only 2 interrupts on the isp, then stops.

I compared Javier-v2 registers setup with Deepthy's patches and there
are some differences. Moreover i remember that in Deepthy patches vd1
interrupt was not used (and in fact i had the same yavta-hanging
problem before, and Deepthy patches solved it).

I think Javier-v1 patches didn't hang the isp because they changed
vd0/vd1 logic too, so maybe there were only some wrong isp registers
but the logic was correct.

Now i wonder if it could be easier/better to port Deepthy patches
first and then add Javier fixes...

Enrico