On Sat, 5 Nov 2011 15:38:50 -0400
Devin Heitmueller <dheitmuel...@kernellabs.com> wrote:

> On Saturday, November 5, 2011, Steffen Barszus
> <steffenbpu...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, 26 Oct 2011 15:58:32 -0400
> > James <bjloc...@lockie.ca> wrote:
> >> How about adding switches to femon, it won't be automatic?
> >>
> >> I'm going to make femon work for my card, anyways. :-)
> >
> > This is no solution - drivers should be patched to deliver result in
> > common format. femon is not the only application reading this
> > values. And every application carrying its own set of correction
> > tables doesn't help in any way. Shouldn't be to hard to agree on
> > one scale and scale whatever value to that in reporting the signal
> > strength.
>
> You would think this would be relatively simple to get a consensus on.
> You would be wrong though.  I would suggest doing a search of the ML
> for "SNR" so you can see all. the history of the debate amongst the
> driver developers.

I don't need to read the history of this and i am not even interested
in doing so. No matter what "The right solution" is, showing the
inability of acting as a team and putting the conflict to the user is
the worst solution you can achieve. Any uniform scale is better, then
whats there at the moment.

Being ignorant in this respect is and was intended.