Al 07/11/2011 11:47, En/na Andreas Oberritter ha escrit:
I didn't receive Devin's mail, so I'm replying to this one instead, see
below:

[...]
Quoting myself from three years ago, I propose to add an interface to
read SNR in units of db/100:

A previous version of the dvb api specified the unit of snr as db/1000000

http://linuxtv.org/downloads/legacy/old/linux_dvb_api-20020304.pdf

page 55, FE_READ_SIGNAL_STRENGTH

"The signal-to-noise ratio, as a multiple of 10E-6 dB, is stored into *snr.
Example: a value of 12,300,000 corresponds to a signal-
to-noise ratio of 12.3 dB."

It also defined the unit for ber (multiple of 10E-9).

However it was dropped from subsequent revisions, I don't know why.

Bye
--
Luca