On 11/10/2011 12:06 AM, tvboxspy wrote:
The only thing I am not sure is whether devices such as af9013 are
keeping their gate control continuously open through the write
operations and not timing out.

This applies to tda18218, mxl5005s and other tuners, which have
multipliable writes with no gate control between the writes, only at the
start and end of the sequence.

Afatech seem to imply that full gate control is required on all I2C
read/write operations.

With other devices such as stv0288 do close their gate after a stop
condition.

You mean AF9013 demod will close it gate automatically after the I2C STOP ? Answer is no.

There are some demods which closes it automatically, like RTL2830, and some may have configuration if close automatically or not. But most common is that gate needs to be opened and closed manually.

In case of automatic gate close it is easiest way to implement own I2C-adapter for demod. There is few such demods drivers already (implementing their own I2C-adapter).

regards
Antti
--
http://palosaari.fi/