Hello
After today discussion I think at least following configuration options could be possible:

address len, for format msg
register value len, for format msg
max write len, for splitting
max read len, for splitting
option for repeated start, for splitting
conditional error logging
callback for I2C-mux (I2C-gate)
general functions implemented: wr_regs, rd_regs, wr_reg, rd_reg, wr_reg_mask, wr_reg_bits, rd_reg_bits
support for register banks?

That's full list of ideas I have as now. At least in first phase I think only basic register reads and writes are enough.

I wonder if Jean could be as main leader of development since he has surely best knowledge about I2C and all possible users. Otherwise, I think I could do it only as linux-media common functionality, because I don't have enough knowledge about other users.

regards
Antti
--
http://palosaari.fi/