On 04/11/12 21:12, Antti Palosaari wrote:
On 09.04.2012 15:02, Thomas Mair wrote:
thanks for your information. I did get in touch with Realtek and they
provided me with the datasheet for the RTL2832U. So what I will try to
do is write a demodulator driver for the RTL2832 demod chip following
the information of the datasheet and the Realtek driver. I will follow
Antti's RTL2830 driver structure.

For now there is only one question left regarding the testing of the
drivers. What is the best way to test and debug the drivers. Sould I
compile the 3.4 kernel and use it, or is it safer to set up a
structure like the one I already have to test the driver with a stable
kernel?

I vote for cloning Mauro's latest staging Kernel 3.5 and use it.
http://git.linuxtv.org/media_tree.git/shortlog/refs/heads/staging/for_v3.5

I have some old stubbed drivers that just works for one frequency using
combination of RTL2832U + FC2580. Also I have rather well commented USB
sniff from that device. I can sent those if you wish.

FC2580? Do you have anything for/from that driver? My USB stick as an AFA9035 based one, using that specific tuner.

Oliver