On 12/16/2012 08:26 PM, Antti Palosaari wrote:
On 12/17/2012 03:09 AM, Matthew Gyurgyik wrote:
On 12/15/2012 06:21 PM, Frank Schäfer wrote:
Matthew, could you please validate your test results and try Mauros
patches ? If it doesn't work, please create another USB-log.

Sorry it took me so long to test the patch, but the results look
promising, I actually got various keycodes!

dmesg: http://pyther.net/a/digivox_atsc/dec16/dmesg_remote.txt

evtest was also generating output

Event: time 1355705906.950551, type 4 (EV_MSC), code 4 (MSC_SCAN), value
61d618e7
Event: time 1355705906.950551, -------------- SYN_REPORT ------------

This is the current patch I'm using:
http://pyther.net/a/digivox_atsc/dec16/dmesg_remote.txt

What needs to be done to generate a keymap file?

Is there anything I can collect or try to do, to get channel scanning
working?

Just let me know what you need me to do. I really appreciate all the
help!

You don't need to do nothing as that remote is already there. Just
ensure buttons are same and we are happy.
http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/drivers/media/IR/keymaps/rc-msi-digivox-iii.c?v=2.6.37

RC_MAP_MSI_DIGIVOX_III should be added to your device profile in order
to load correct keytable by default. You could test it easily, just add
following definition

.ir_codes = RC_MAP_MSI_DIGIVOX_III,

to em28xx-cards.c board config and it is all.

regards
Antti

Maybe I'm missing something but these are different key codes and lengths.

tux:~ $ echo 0x61d643bc | wc -c  # my dmesg dump
11
tux:~ $ echo 0x61d601 | wc -c  # DIGIVOX mini III
9

As I understand it, this was the whole reason for the patches that Mauros wrote.

Regards,
Matthew