On Mon February 4 2013 14:23:55 Ezequiel Garcia wrote:
> Hello Hans,
>
> On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 9:36 AM, Hans Verkuil <hverk...@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> > This patch series updates this driver to the control framework, switches
> > it to unlocked_ioctl, fixes a variety of V4L2 compliance issues.
> >
> > It compiles, but to my knowledge nobody has hardware to test this :-(
> >
> > If anyone has hardware to test this, please let me know!
> >

> I've sent a patch for stk-webcam recently and Arvydas Sidorenko (in
> Cc) was kind enough to test it.
>
> @Arvydas: If you're not too busy, we'd really appreciate a lot
> if you can test this series.

Hi Arvydas,

Yes indeed, it would be great if you could test this!

Note that the patch series is also available in my git tree:

http://git.linuxtv.org/hverkuil/media_tree.git/shortlog/refs/heads/stkwebcam

Besides the normal testing that everything works as expected, it would also
be great if you could run the v4l2-compliance tool. It's part of the v4l-utils
repository (http://git.linuxtv.org/v4l-utils.git) and it tests whether a driver
complies to the V4L2 specification.

Just compile the tool from the repository (don't use a distro-provided version)
and run it as 'v4l2-compliance -d /dev/videoX' and mail me the output. You will
get at least one failure at the end, but I'd like to know if there are other
issues remaining.