On 04/13/2013 12:48 PM, Frank Schäfer wrote:
Patch 1 removes the unneeded and broken gpio register caching code.
Patch 2 adds the gpio register defintions for the em25xx/em276x/7x/8x
and patch 3 finally adds a new helper function for gpio ports with separate
registers for read and write access.

I have nothing to say directly about those patches - they looked good at the quick check. But I wonder if you have any idea if it is possible to use some existing Kernel GPIO functionality in order to provide standard interface (interface like I2C). I did some work last summer in order to use GPIOLIB and it is used between em28xx-dvb and cxd2820r for LNA control. Anyhow, I was a little bit disappointed as GPIOLIB is disabled by default and due to that there is macros to disable LNA when GPIOLIB is not compiled. I noticed recently there is some ongoing development for Kernel GPIO. I haven't looked yet if it makes use of GPIO interface more common...

regards
Antti

--
http://palosaari.fi/