Hi P.,

I own a DVBSky S960 device and so far it has been working fine with my
DiSEqC setup (A/B) and the vendor supplied drivers. From my experience
the driver is updated frequently and thus compiles with recent kernels
most of the time.

Unfortunately integration into the mainline kernel is on halt due to
copyright and code issues as well as (obviously) personal/competitive
differences (see http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-media/msg46802.html
for example).

I haven't tested any other DVB-S2 USB devices so far. For that reason I
cannot help you with selecting the right one. However, I would be
interested in any recommendations myself.

- Felix