On 02/03/2015 05:59 AM, dcr...@telefonica.net wrote:
---- Mensaje original ----
De : st...@kernellabs.com
Fecha : 02/02/2015 - 16:39 (GMT)
Para : dcr...@telefonica.net
CC : linux-media@vger.kernel.org
Asunto : Re: [BUG, workaround] HVR-2200/saa7164 problem with C7 power state

Basically, it starts working but after a while I get an "Event timed out" message and several i2c
errors and VDR shuts down (some hours after reboot). As the web page mentions, I tested downgrading the PCIe
bandwith from GEN2 to GEN1 without success. But after playing with different BIOS options, what did the trick
was limiting the power-saving C-states. If I select "C7" as the maximum C-state, the card fails as
described. After limiting the maximum C-state to "C6", it has been working for a whole weekend.
Good feedback on the C7 vs C6 power state, thanks.
You are welcome, Steve. Happy to be helpful.

I will be at your disposal for testing purposes, if you need.

BR

Some additional input:

I made similar changes to the bios of my ASRock H87M Pro4. There were multiple settings for CPU C state support. I set the C7 state to disabled and forced selected C6 in the State support dropdown to further force it to C6.

Within 3 hours the dmesg was filling up with the no free sequences errors.

I hadn't changed the PCI Express Configuration to Gen1 because per the http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/n54l_all_in_one page it didn't appear to help reliably. I've made that change now. I'll report to see if that improves anything, perhaps both changes have to be made in conjunction.

Regards,

David