On Sun, Jul 19, 2015 at 3:34 AM, Tycho Lürsen <tycholur...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Steven,
>
> Tested your si2186 patch with my DVBSky T982 and TBS 6285 cards using
> European DVB-C
> Since MythTV can't handle multistandard frontends (yet), I've disabled
> DVB-T/T2 like this (I always do that):
>
> sed -i 's/SYS_DVBT, SYS_DVBT2, SYS_DVBC_ANNEX_A/SYS_DVBC_ANNEX_A/'
> drivers/media/dvb-frontends/si2168.c
>
> Result: both DVBSky T982 and TBS 6285 drivers are broken, meaning no lock,
> no tune.
>
> Regards,
> Tycho.
>
> Op 19-07-15 om 00:21 schreef Steven Toth:
>>
>> http://git.linuxtv.org/cgit.cgi/stoth/hvr1275.git/log/?h=hvr-1275
>>
>> Patches above are available for test.
>>
>> Antti, note the change to SI2168 to add support for enabling and
>> disabling the SI2168 transport bus dynamically.
>>
>> I've tested with a combo card, switching back and forward between QAM
>> and DVB-T, this works fine, just remember to select a different
>> frontend as we have two frontends on the same adapter,
>> adapter0/frontend0 is QAM/8SVB, adapter0/frontend1 is DVB-T/T2.
>>
>> If any testers have the ATSC or DVB-T, I'd expect these to work
>> equally well, replease report feedback here.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> - Steve

Interesting, although I'm slightly confused.

My patch mere added the ability for dvb-core to tri-state the tsport
out bus, similar to other digital demodulator drivers in the tree....
and testing with both azap and tzap (and dvbtraffic) showed no tuning,
lock or other issues.

What happens if you tzap/czap a known good frequency, before and after
my patch, without your sed replacement, leaving T/T2 and A fully
enabled?

- Steve

--
Steven Toth - Kernel Labs