On 12/21/2015 03:52 AM, Antti Palosaari wrote:
Hello
I am not sure if problem is I2C adapter/bus or that demodulator I2C
slave. If it is demod, then that workaround is correct place, but if it
is not, then that is wrong and I2C adapter repeating logic should be used.

I did some testing again... Loading mn88472 firmware 1000 times, it failed:
61 times RC polling disabled
68 times RC polling enabled
83 times RC polling enabled, but repeated failed message due to that patch

At least this confirms there is an issue.

I don't want apply that patch until I find some time myself to examine
that problem - or someone else does some study to point out whats wrong.
There is many things to test in order to get better understanding.

regards
Antti

I do have other hardware with with a mn88472 demod on it. A CX23102 bridge and a dibcom (Xbox one tuner). I think that running the same test on those hardware will tell where the issue is.

I know that Olli have worked on the Xbox one tuner, do you have any support patches that could help testing this? And did you observe any issues with the mn88472 demod when working on the Xbox one tuner ?

I am quite sure that I saw this on the mn88473 version of this hardware also. I just haven't had the time to test it. But I will postpone that until the tests on the other bridges are done.

MvH
Benjamin Larsson