Linux-Misc Digest #627, Volume #18               Fri, 15 Jan 99 15:13:18 EST

Contents:
  Re: Install KDE (Ulf Bohman)
  Re: The Runlevel (Ulf Bohman)
  Re: won't boot! MBR? ("Oo.et.oO")
  Re: Linux is not even in Windows 9X's class. ("Keith G. Murphy")
  Re: The Runlevel (root)
  Re: Cannot talk to /dev/cua1, which is a modem (and NOT a winmodem). (Christopher
Bruce)
  Re: ios virtual table: where is it defined? (Larry)
  Re: things I'd pay to have developed for Linux... ("Keith G. Murphy")
  Looking for libjpeg.so.6 (Kyle R Maxwell)
  HELP!! Partition ID. (Regit Young)
  Re: Linux is not even in Windows 9X's class. (Michael Powe)
  Re: Linux is not even in Windows 9X's class. ("Keith G. Murphy")
  Re: Real Time Linux (John Savard)
  Re: A Call To Arms (Ed Bruce)
  SendFd() on linux? (Chris Goebel)
  Re: setting up NEC 1260 laser printer with Redhat 5.2 (Bob Tennent)
  Telnet macro.  Does it exist? (Christian Brideau)
  Re: SCSI, RAID controllers, Linux. . . (Gary Momarison)
  Re: XGalaga works as root, but not a user. (Olaf Mueller)
  Re: The most threads I've seen... (Johan Kullstam)
  Re: Switching to Windows 95 (mike burrell)
  Re: Consumer Poll Says Microsoft Is Good For Consumers (Mayor Of R'lyeh)
  What does the command     who ¦ sort+4    do? (Rachel)
  Re: Redhat 5.2 and cable modem configuration (Matt Kressel)
  Re: Which is the best Linux Distribution? (Hugo van der Merwe)
  FTP Installation (RH 5.2) (-)
  Re: Linux: Fight for survival or on victory march? (Sparkzz)

From: Ulf Bohman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Install KDE
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 16:40:12 +0100

Ehonda wrote:

> Dear friends,
>                I got RH5.2 CD from CheapByte.I have successfully
> installed the program and please advise how to install the KDE which
> is not in the RPM directory.
>
> When i use the command rpm -i kde it comes out can't open the file
> Thanks for your help.

KDE is not just one rpm-file you have to install. It's a bunch of
libraries and apps.
Go to http://www.kde.org to find out what you need to do -  it's all
there. I don't think KDE is on the RH5.2 CD, so probably you'll have to
download it.

KDE can be good to start out with if you're new to Linux. It includes a
bunch of good apps that makes it easier to get you started.

Good luck.

/Ulf

------------------------------

From: Ulf Bohman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: The Runlevel
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 16:42:31 +0100

> So what are these runlevels? Can anybody explain?
> Thanks,
> izraelita

It depends on what distribution you use...What do you use?

------------------------------

From: "Oo.et.oO" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.setup
Subject: Re: won't boot! MBR?
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 23:41:47 +0000

Gunther-
        thanks for the suggestion.  it didn't work.  I still just got to LI and
then it stalls.  It boots fine off of the floppy BTW.  I think my HDDs
are in Normal mode anyway, not linear or whatever.
here is my lilo.conf as it is now:

boot=/dev/hda
linear
compact
install=/boot/boot.b
map=/boot/System.map-2.0.34-0.6
#map=/boot/map
#prompt
#timeout=50
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.0.34-0.6
        label=linux
        root=/dev/hda1
        read-only

I just edited the one that the Redhat install made.  I guess I will take
out the linear part.
can anyone please help me?  thanks-
                                eric
BTW I used DOS fdisk /mbr and reinstalled LILO to no avail.  same
problem.

------------------------------

From: "Keith G. Murphy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.linux,alt.os.linux,comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: Linux is not even in Windows 9X's class.
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 11:07:04 -0600

Jeremy Crabtree wrote:

> >OK, first off, DOS was put onto a very very small machine.  Most PC's
> >back then were 8-bit computers with a max of 64K RAM.  You do not put
> >something like Linux on that, period.
>
> Sure ya do...haven't you seen the Unix for the C64? It even has a web server.
>
> Here's the basic FAQ:
>
> http://datastugan.se/~mage/publ_bak/lunix.html

That's great.  I used to do all my word processing in college on a
C128.  Remember those?  Kind of puts people using Pentiums for the same
thing in perspective...

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (root)
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 17:20:58 GMT

On Fri, 15 Jan 1999 16:42:31 +0100, Ulf Bohman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> So what are these runlevels? Can anybody explain?
>> Thanks,
>> izraelita

>> http://www.dejanews.com/       Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own
>
>It depends on what distribution you use...What do you use?

For me it is RedHat 5.1
may you answer the question also for me

------------------------------

From: Christopher Bruce <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.setup,comp.os.linux.hardware
Subject: Re: Cannot talk to /dev/cua1, which is a modem (and NOT a winmodem).
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 17:59:13 +0100

Charles Reindorf US/EE1 60/1/44 #44278 wrote:

> Michael Powe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> >     Christopher> I have <some recent SuSE distribution>, kernel
> >     Christopher> 2.0.35. Using the Compaq tells me that the modem
> >     Christopher> (which is internal) is on COM2, with the usual IRQ
> >     Christopher> and port numbers. Running various Windows diagnostics
> >     Christopher> show me AT-style commands exchanged so I have no
> >     Christopher> reason to beleive that it is a Winmodem. Also, the
> >     Christopher> diagnostics under Win98 tell me that I am talking to
> >     Christopher> an NS 16550AN.
> >
> > Windows modem diags will not tell you if it's a Winmodem.  If you have
> > doubts, you should try to access the modem from DOS (go to the Windows
> > startup menu and choose "command prompt only").  If you can't use a
> > simple DOS-based comm program to dial out, then you've got a
> > Winmodem.
> >
> > mp
>
> I was there. I am beginning to think the same: Perhaps Win98 is
> talking to the Winmodem and then faking an 16550 and an AT command set
> on top of that for the benefit of direct-hardware apps running under
> it. Win98 is a bit like that.
>
> Regards,
>
> Charles.

Thanks guys! Not good news then :-(

Ah well!  Compaq and Micro$oft, maybe not such a good combination.

Charles, don't I know you from somewhere?

Aren't you a short, one legged Irish jewish guy from Luton? Used to work
for Clive Sinclair as a tester for his bike?

Anyway, thanks for your help :-)

Regards

Chris
--
   _/_/  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
 _/      mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Larry)
Subject: Re: ios virtual table: where is it defined?
Date: 15 Jan 1999 16:26:28 GMT

On Thu, 14 Jan 1999 16:41:34 GMT, [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
>I am sure this is a straight forward question with a simple answer. I am
>building KDE 1.0 with gcc-2.8.1 on Slackware. In the kdebase/kdehelp submodule
>during the linking stage I get the error message "undefined reference to 'ios
>virtual table', 'istream::ios virtual table', and 'ifstream::ios virtual
>table'. In what library are these defined so that I can link to them?
><fstream.h> and <iostream.h> are in the g++-include directory. What am I
>missing? Thanks.

See if this is in your /etc/profile or $HOME/.profile

export CPLUS_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/include

or whatever the path to your fstream.h is.

------------------------------

From: "Keith G. Murphy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To:
comp.os.linux.development.system,comp.os.linux.development.apps,comp.os.linux.hardware
Subject: Re: things I'd pay to have developed for Linux...
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 14:57:56 -0600

Phil Howard wrote:

> On 11 Jan 1999 07:27:34 -0600 Peter Samuelson ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
>
> |  - Disks are recognized not by SCSI ID's or whatever but by a VG
> |    signature.  LV's contain a certain amount of metadata as well, so
> |    /etc/fstab is not really needed to figure out what partitions mean
> |    what.
>
> A hack I've used is to create a symlink called "MOUNT" in the root
> directory of each partition.  My "smart mounter" goes through all the
> partitions, first mounting read/only to take a peek at "MOUNT" and
> then mounts the partition as specified.  Thus if the partitions get
> moved around due to SCSI ID to device name relationship shifting, it
> won't affect what data shows up where.
Hmmm.  Too bad you can't (apparently) easily (at all?) get hold of the
volume label from Linux.  Then you could do it kind of like VMS does
it:  if you have a disk label "FINANCIAL", the mount automatically
creates a logical called "DISK$FINANCIAL:", pointing to the appropriate
disk.  /disk$financial, anyone?  Seems like it would be easy to even
change mount to do this, *if* you could get hold of that volume label...

------------------------------

From: Kyle R Maxwell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Looking for libjpeg.so.6
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 14:53:57 -0600

When trying to install WindowMaker-0.14.1-2.i386.rpm on a RedHat 5.1
distribution, I get the failed dependency message "libjpeg.so.6 is
needed by WindowMaker-0.14.1-2". I can't seem to locate this rpm, and
other JPEG library installations don't seem to do the trick. Anybody
know where I can get it?

--
Kyle Maxwell
Lead Internet Installer

------------------------------

From: Regit Young <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: HELP!! Partition ID.
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 01:34:59 +0800

Hi all,

Hope somebody can help me with this one. For some reason (obviosly
something stupid which I did and can't remeber) my original fs set up of
/dev/sda1, /dev/sda2 became /dev/sda3 and /dev/sda4. Is there a
non-destructive way to change back from 3,4 to 1,2? Linux of course have
no problem recovering from such issues, however, I also have various OS
on the system that depend on this.

Any help is greatly and deeply appreciated....

Regit
--
Regit Young : [EMAIL PROTECTED]

------------------------------

From: Michael Powe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.linux,alt.os.linux,comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date: 14 Jan 1999 11:58:29 -0800

------------------------------

From: "Keith G. Murphy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: alt.linux,alt.os.linux,comp.os.linux.advocacy
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 11:37:52 -0600

John Morris wrote:

[snip]

> However.... how are todays modern LAN's any better
> than what they used to have back then..... i.e a
> central computer somewhere with many user and
> terminals hanging off it?
>
> Were those terminals back then strictly "dumb" as
> in no processor power in them at all??
Yes, they were strictly dumb in that sense.  I mean, any processor power
they had went towards drawing the display.
> Whereas todays networks use a server... but the
> clients have processing power also??
Yes.  In modern LANs, the clients may well be doing *most* of the
processing, while the server(s) are just providing file and print
services.

It's the thin-client paradigm that moves us back towards (not *to*) the
old model; the thin clients are doing processing, but using small
applets downloaded on the fly from the server.  (Not a whole bunch of
stuff residing on a hard drive on the client).

> Can someone explain this for me as I've never
> quite understood all this.
Yes, it's hard to get through the market-speak.  :-)

> It seems things have come full circle as far as
> going back to "centralized" computing systems.
Mmmm, I'd say LANs take it back 45 degrees, thin-client another 45.
Just my wild-ass guesstimate.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (John Savard)
Subject: Re: Real Time Linux
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 17:58:31 GMT

"C.R.Anderson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote, in part:

>Hi,
>Can anyone tell me what the status of Real Time Linux is?
>Is it available from someone like Red Hat?
>I need to draw some comparisons (for and against) between RT Linux and
>other RT OS's like VXWorks......has anyone any thoughts?

That project may have been torpedoed due to a meeting that took place
in Vienna last month.

Unless real-time operating systems, like cryptographic software, enjoy
the "public-domain" exemption from Wassenaar.

John Savard
http://www.freenet.edmonton.ab.ca/~jsavard/index.html

------------------------------

From: Ed Bruce <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: A Call To Arms
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 14:16:49 -0600

Duncan Rose wrote:
> Most users ONLY spend money on buying games, and I don't see why
> this could not be the case for Linux, if the high-quality games were out
> there in sufficient diversity (sure, we have some cool games now, but
> how long can you play the same 4-5 games? Sooner or later you'll want
> a new one and that will push you back in the direction of windos).

I give myself as an example. I love playing Quake II, but was frustrated
how often it crashed under Windows95. Mainly it appeared to be problems
with the TCP/IP stack, which corrupted some DLL. Reboot if I wanted to
keep playing.

It took me about a week, but I now have QII setup under Linux. No more
system crashes. No more having to reboot my machine when problems show
up. I really enjoy playing QII under Linux. My frustation is now cursing
Bellsouth for crappy phone lines (but that is another story).

later,
Ed

------------------------------

From: Chris Goebel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: SendFd() on linux?
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 16:15:55 -0500

How do I implement a sendfd() function for Linux? I can't get sendmsg()
or ioctl(I_SENDFD) to work properly?

Chris Goebel

From: r d t@c s.q u e e n s u.c a (Bob Tennent)
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.help,comp.os.linux.questions,comp.os.linux.setup
Subject: Re: setting up NEC 1260 laser printer with Redhat 5.2
Date: 14 Jan 1999 21:05:25 GMT

On Thu, 14 Jan 1999 19:25:18 GMT, Steve Sanyal wrote:
 >Hi,
 >
 >I just installed Redhat 5.2.  I have an NEC 1260 laser printer, which of
 >course is not listed.  I read in my printer manual that the printer supports
 >the HP Laserjet II language, so I have set it up as that.  It printed a test
 >page, but I am wondering about if there are more compatible printer drivers
 >out there?

It's not listed because the printer control language is proprietary.
You're using the lower-resolution emulation mode and that's the best
that can be done until the printer manufacturer tells someone other
than Microsoft how to control their printers.

Bob T.

------------------------------

From: Christian Brideau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Telnet macro.  Does it exist?
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 14:08:07 -0500

I want to automate complete telnet sessions.  In other words, logon-do
stuff-get out.

Is this scriptable?  If not is there a macro software out there that I
could use to perform this task?

Thanks in advance

ChrisB

------------------------------

From: Gary Momarison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.hardware
Subject: Re: SCSI, RAID controllers, Linux. . .
Date: 15 Jan 1999 11:37:02 -0800

Norvell Spearman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

There's some resources listed in Gary's Encyclopedia at

http://www.aa.net/~swear/pedia/raid.html

including a great page at linas.org.

I don't see the 4040, but it looks like the DPT HW is (was?)
conforming to a kind of standard, so new HW may work with
old SW. ???

--
Look for Linux info at http://www.dejanews.com/home_ps.shtml and in
Gary's Encyclopedia at http://www.aa.net/~swear/pedia/index.html

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Olaf Mueller)
Subject: Re: XGalaga works as root, but not a user.
Date: 14 Jan 1999 22:11:02 GMT

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Joseph Kelch) writes:
> Anyone seen this behavior?

Try ´chmod 666 /dev/dsp /dev/audio´.
Hope this will work for you.

regards
Olaf

------------------------------

From: Johan Kullstam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Subject: Re: The most threads I've seen...
Date: 15 Jan 1999 14:07:36 -0500

"Joseph M. Linington" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> The message posted about public poles about microsoft really created
> alot of threads and all to establish what? I Hate what M$ has imposed on

< snip of a bazillion line solid block of text >

> say whether it is right or better. I just have my opinions and views to
> make choices on. I choose Linux.

this is just a little hint.  please break your post into paragraphs
every 3-5 sentences or so.  a giant 50 line massive block of text is
very hard to read.  it is amazing what a little whitespace can do to
improve readability.

i don't have the patience to read these oversized paragraphs, and i
strongly suspect very few others do either.  this defeats your purpose
since i assume that you actually want people to read what you've
written.

hth.

--
johan kullstam

------------------------------

From: mike burrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Switching to Windows 95
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux,comp.os.linux.questions
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 21:12:30 GMT

In comp.os.linux "jay" <-> wrote:
| That must be some good crack-
| command.com is the command interpreter for the os!

wtf is wrong with this newsgroup?  a 3 year old could have figured out he
wasn't serious

sheesh

--
                                               m i k e    b u r r e l l
                                                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Mayor Of R'lyeh)
Crossposted-To:
alt.destroy.microsoft,comp.os.linux.advocacy,comp.os.os2.advocacy,gnu.misc.discuss,uk.comp.os.linux
Subject: Re: Consumer Poll Says Microsoft Is Good For Consumers
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 00:24:59 GMT

On 14 Jan 1999 11:30:18 +0100, David Kastrup
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> chose to bless us
all with this bit of wisdom:

>[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Steve Mading) writes:
>
>> Netnerd ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
>> : David Steuber wrote in message ...
>> : >d s f o x @ c o g s c i . u c s d . e d u (David Fox) writes:
>> : >
>> : >-> This is such a standard crackpot rant.  "Everyone I talk to agrees
>> : >-> with me, these polls must be full of it."  I think it was invented by
>> : >-> Rush Limbaugh.  Its a convenient way to get people to ignore facts.
>> : >
>> : >The only fact we have is that someone posted that a consumer poll said
>> : >that 81% of consumers thought that Microsoft was good for the market,
>> : >or something.  That poster neglected to site the specific poll in
>> : >question, so we don't even know if such a poll took place.
>>
>> : Would you believe the publisher was the Consumer Federation of America?
>>
>> Good.  You're halfway toward providing a reference.  Now tell
>> us where to find the write-up of this poll.
>
>No.  He is halfway toward slandering the Consumer Federation of
>America, and lending legitimity to a something paid for by an
>"unnamed" source and conducted by a wacky organisation with the name
>"Consumers for a Sound Economy" which advocate a Wild West economy and
>state structure.  See http://www.csef.org

Here in the US, what you deride as a "Wild West economy and
state structure" we call freedom and liberty. It is quite
instructional to hear that you hold such concepts in contempt.

"That is not dead which can eternal lie,
 And with strange aeons even death may die."
- Abdul Alhazred, Necronomicon

------------------------------

From: Rachel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: What does the command     who ¦ sort+4    do?
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 20:28:09 -0800

Hi - What does the command     who ¦ sort+4    do?

Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.help,comp.os.linux.questions,comp.os.linux.setup
From: Matt Kressel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Redhat 5.2 and cable modem configuration
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 1999 21:21:58 GMT

Steve Sanyal wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've been trying to set up my Rogers Wave @home service with Linux 5.2,
> which I just installed on my system earlier this week.  I am very new to
> UNIX and Linux - I'm currently learning UNIX in a course at university.
>
> The HOWTO docs appear to describe the setup for a static IP setup, but I
> know that Rogers uses DHCP these days.  I suspect that the document is from
> an earlier time, but this has left me a bit confused.
>
> I have set up my DHCP client in Linuxconfig and I originally set it up when
> I installed Linux.  That worked fine.  In Windows NT (my other operating
> system), all I had to do was say that my DHCP would assign an IP address,
> and it took care of the rest.  I have a device called eth0, which has set up
> my ethernet card, and it is activated (as I can see in the network
> configuration parameters in Xfree86).
>
> However, I cannot connect to the net.  I've tried setting up the IP address,
> the default gateway and subnet mask (which I obtained using the ipconfig
> program in Windows NT)  manually as well when Netscape didn't work, and it
> hasn't made a difference.
>
> I set my hostname value to CRxxxxxx-A which is the same hostname I use in
> Windows NT.  Netscape simply says that any address I enter does not have a
> DNS entry, which I realize means my TCP/IP has not been set up correctly.
>
> I'd really like to get this up and running, as well as my mail account, so I
> can start using Linux more regularly.  Are there any good sites that would
> be a useful guide to a novice such as myself?  I also want to make sure that
> I don't leave my computer open to hackers!

The best bet is to first check your DNS numbers, as it sounds like you
are not resolving the adresses.  Second, read these newsgroups and
dejanews.  They are by far your best source of information.  Also, try
reading the NAG (network admin guide) and other HOWTOs.  Thirdly, have
patience.  Many users get frustrated because they can not figure out a
problem in Linux.  I can proudly say that after using Linux for 3 years
that there was not one problem that I did not eventually fix.  That is
the truth.

-Matt

--
Matthew O. Kressel | INTERNET: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
+---------  Northrop Grumman Corporation, Bethpage, NY ---------+

------------------------------

Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 21:43:20 +0200
From: Hugo van der Merwe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Which is the best Linux Distribution?

> > Hi, I want to learn Linux and can't decide which Distribution to get.
>
> This is a hard question to answer. I personally had to try SuSE, Debian,
> RedHat, Slackware, before I decided I wanted to stick with RedHat.
>
> They all have there pro's and con's. Go to www.cheapbytes.com and get
> there bundle that includes all the major distro's. I think I saw it once
> for about $13. That is chump change and you'll have alot to try for
> little money and then you can make the determination on your own.

I am currently using RH 5.1, and would like to buy myself a more
up-to-date CD of a Linux Distribution. A friend of mine has Debian, and
seems to think very highly of it. I was wondering: could you mention a
couple of the most significant pro's and con's of Debian and RedHat?

Thanks,
Hugo van der Merwe

------------------------------

From: - <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: FTP Installation (RH 5.2)
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 18:13:27 GMT

I'll preface this by saying that I don't have a CDROM drive in my PC,
but the person next to me does. I installed an ftp server on his win95
box and set the server to drop me into the D:\ directory (CDROM drive)
when you first log in (I also set up anonymous login). I placed the RH
5.2 CDROM in his CDROM drive, fired up the FTP server, booted my PC with
the RH 5.2 boot disks and selected FTP install. I used / when it asked
me what the install directory should be. It downloaded the file list
just fine and I was able to select all of the packages I wanted. When it
came time to actually INSTALL the packages, I keep getting the mesage
"Fatal Error Opening RPM Database" and then it shuts down. Am I using
the right directory??? What else could be happening here???

I don't think this is a permissions issue because 1. it is a stupid
CDROM, permissions aren't an issue and 2. I FTP'd in from elsewhere and
was able to traverse the directory tree just fine. I have also used this
disk for many RH 5.2 installations with local CDROM installations with
no problem. BTW: I am using wsftpd for my FTP server (Whatever the
latest version is).

--
-Chuck

Domain: boeing.com
UID: richard.c.wolber
Sorry for the e-mail inconvenience.

These are my thoughts, they do not represent the
Boeing Company.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Sparkzz)
Subject: Re: Linux: Fight for survival or on victory march?
Date: 14 Jan 1999 21:40:59 GMT

I can't believe we're forgetting one of the greatest Intel operating systems of
all time:

TRSDOS!!!!!

.
.