Linux-Misc Digest #613, Volume #20               Sun, 13 Jun 99 14:13:19 EDT

Contents:
  Re: New Linux User Q's ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
  Re: tell modem "not to wait for dial tone"? ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
  Re: 2 newbie questions! ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
  Very small font in Netscape ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
  AWE64 and open linux 2.2 ("Gored")
  Which Databases are available for Linux (Al)
  Re: Q: Is Oracle8 for Linux Free (Al)
  Re: ext2 bug (Colin Watson)
  Very small font in Netscape ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
  Re: zImage and bzImage (Marc Mutz)
  Re: Parition Magic 4.01 obliterated my ext2 partition (Pedro Garrett)
  Sound Problem on RedHat 6.0 ("Adriano")
  Re: Performance tuning of FreeBSD and Linux: pointers requested (Thomas Waldmann)
  Re: CS4232 sound behavior in RH6.0 ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
  How to disaable printer....??? (Daniel in Oregon)
  Re: tell modem "not to wait for dial tone"? (Mircea)
  Re: HP-720 (Alan Fried)
  gnome compile problems (gene)
  DOSemu setup in RH6.0 (JC Vollmer)
  Kernel panic with new install ("Kerry J. Cox")

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: New Linux User Q's
Date: 13 Jun 1999 14:38:09 GMT

In his obvious haste, Mountain Mike^^ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled thusly:
: Apologies in advance if this is not the proper forum for my questions. I'd
: like to shorten the learning curve to Linux if possible. I have NO
: experience with this os.

: 1. Which distribution would you recommend for the brand-new user?

SuSE 6.1

: 2. Can anyone recommend which books and in what order they should be read?

Linux Unleased seems to be pretty good.

: 3. Is there a consensus on the best word processor for Lexus?

Linux you mean? (Unless Lex Luthor has kidnapped Linus...)
:)

Wordperfect's the only one I've used seriously.
(Staroffice 5.0 was installed, but then I removed it 'cos it was SLOOOOOW)

I haven't seen the other ones, like Applixware.
|[EMAIL PROTECTED]| "Are you pondering what I'm pondering Pinky?"   |
|     Andrew Halliwell     |                                                 |
|       Finalist in:-      | "I think so brain, but this time, you control   |
|     Computer Science     |  the Encounter suit, and I'll do the voice..."  |
|GCv3.12 GCS>$ d-(dpu) s+/- a C++ US++ P L/L+ E-- W+ N++ o+ K PS+  w-- M+/++ |
|PS+++ PE- Y t+ 5++ X+/X++ R+ tv+ b+ DI+ D+ G e>e++ h/h+ !r!| Space for hire |

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: tell modem "not to wait for dial tone"?
Date: 13 Jun 1999 14:41:42 GMT

In his obvious haste, kokin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> babbled thusly:
: This is a option to tell the modem not to wait for dial tone before
: dialling out.  How can i do this under Linux?  Without this my tel
: line doesn't co-operate with my modem.

You should have a modem init string in one of the chat scripts (assuming
your using PPP)

Something like +++ATZ

(This causes a modem reset)

Just add whatever init strings you want after that.

e.g. on mine, I have a really crap phone line, so I have +++ATZATS10=100

(Which stops the modem from dropping the line on the slightest glitch)

If it's the same standard of modem as I have, try going into minicom and
issuing an AT$ command while offline.

(The modem should return a help screen)
--
|                          |What to do if you find yourself stuck in a crack|
|[EMAIL PROTECTED]|in the ground beneath a giant boulder, which you|

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: 2 newbie questions!
Date: 13 Jun 1999 14:35:43 GMT

In his obvious haste, [EMAIL PROTECTED] babbled thusly:
: Prasanth Kumar wrote:

:> What apps are you trying to start? Are you trying to run netscape? If so you
:> need to be in graphics mode (X Windows) which means configuring the drive
:> (called an X Server) and then running it.
:>
:>

: I was in X when I connect to the net.  None of the app works when I got
: connected.   I always have to start Netscape first before connect to the net,
: otherwise I can't start it at all.  and the same for all other applications.

Strange.
Try this.

setenv DISPLAY <yourhostname>:0.0

Then try starting netscape. It looks like the net connection is for some
reason screwing up your DISPLAY variable (which tells X applications where
to open their windows)

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Very small font in Netscape
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 15:11:39 GMT

I have KDE 1.1 and I use Netscape for web browser. Unfortunately, it
shows all web pages in very small font. the Increase Font option in the
View menu is not available. I have the same problem with KFM. What can I
do?

Besides, does anyone know how can I make KFM accept cookies? I go to
Options menu, and I choose Configure Browser, Cookies, Default Accept
policy - ASk. KFM, however does not ask, but rejects cookies. What is
the problem?

I would appreciate your help.

From: "Gored" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: AWE64 and open linux 2.2
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 18:16:15 +0200

Hi,
I'm new to linux and have been having trouble with my sound card .
I can not get it to work with my version of linux.
I use Caldera open linux 2.2 Linux kernal 2.2.5.
Everytime i want to load the sb module it keeps saying that the module can
not load.
I have looked on the HOW TO but found no remedie.
anyone out there that could help me please

From: Al <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Which Databases are available for Linux
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 11:43:30 -0400

Which databases are available for Linux?

I want to connect Java to the database.

Thanks

Al

------------------------------

From: Al <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.database.oracle.misc,comp.database.oracle.server
Subject: Re: Q: Is Oracle8 for Linux Free
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 11:55:47 -0400

Where can I get a copy of oracle or sybase?

I went to the sybase page and tried to down load the linux version.  But it
was going to take 30 hrs (according to netscape).  I did not want to tie up
my phone.

Are there pages that where Oracle or Sybase break up there distributions
into smaller
packages which are easier to download?

Does Oracle or Sybase have a personal version that is smaller that full
version but is fully functional.  I only have one computer  I do not need a
full server distribution.

Thanks

Al

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Colin Watson)
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.setup
Subject: Re: ext2 bug
Date: 13 Jun 1999 16:21:35 GMT

In article <qLQ83.217$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
Spud <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[attribution reinserted]

> Constantin Eizner wrote:
>
> >c---r-xr-- 26912 29811    27745    111, 118 Oct 19  2032 k-Class.o
>
>         Umm...k-Class.o is the object file of k-Class.c. That should
> obviously be in where you compile...how do you program in C++ w/o knowing
> about object files?

Read the post you're replying to, please - I refer you to the fact
that object files should perhaps not be character special devices!

If you don't see this effect in other situations, I'd suspect a bug in
the compiler first. Try it on another system, if possible. Are you
using egcs, the experimental gcc?

[posted and mailed]

--
Colin Watson                                      [cjw44 at cam.ac.uk]
Trinity College, Cambridge, and Computer Science       [riva.ucam.org]

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 16:52:01 +0200
From: Marc Mutz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: zImage and bzImage

Cameron L. Spitzer wrote:

> Actually, zImage is a bootimage file containing a gzipped kernel
> wrapped in a decompressing relocator.

right.

> bzImage is a bootimage file containing a bzip2 compressed kernel
> wrapped in a decompressing relocator.
wrong. This has nothing to do with gzip vs. bzip, but with the overall
size of the kernel. make zImage uses other addressing to load the kernel
which cannot reach beyond 500-600K of kernel size. If the kernel gets
larger, you must use bzImage, which can handle these big kernels.

> Bzip2 does a better job than gzip, so the bzImage is somewhat smaller.

Partially wrong. My experience is that bzip2 does a great job when it
comes to compressing TeX files od PS files. But it has no great
advantage over gzip when it comes to executables. Sometimes gzip is
still better (and faster!!).

Marc

------------------------------

From: Pedro Garrett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.setup
Subject: Re: Parition Magic 4.01 obliterated my ext2 partition
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 16:50:51 +0000

"R. Paul McCarty" wrote:

[snip]

> Has *anyone* every tried to resize a linux partition using e2fsck? Did I do
> something wrong? Any idea how to recover from this? I mean *anything*. After
> perusing Powerquests help files I discovered there is a separate linux native
> resize utility, which may actually work, whereas I have no evidence that the
> windows version knows how to handle linux partitions properly (despite the fact
> it let me do it)

I used the Windows Partion Magic 4.0 utility to resize my Linux
partition and everything went fine, so it does work occasionally at
least :)  I increased my Linux partition from 1GB to 3GB (and reduced
the Windows partition accordingly).  I don't know what might be going on
with your system.

------------------------------

From: "Adriano" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Sound Problem on RedHat 6.0
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 13:33:06 -0300

I have an CMI8330 onboard sound card , and used isapnptools 1.18 to
configure it......
I can hear CD , but Midi and wavs not........
When I try /dev/audio , I receive the folow message : ..device is busy
Someone can Help me?

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Thomas Waldmann)
Crossposted-To: comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc
Subject: Re: Performance tuning of FreeBSD and Linux: pointers requested
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 16:36:22 +0200

I have done some benchmarks on a similar hardware configuration (Dual-
P2/Dual-Celeron, 7895, 3..4 UW disks spread on both channels).

If you are looking for maximum disk performance (and if you're doing
daily backups), you could use software RAID-0 under Linux. This gave
me up to 40 MByte/s block-read and block-write performance (using Bonnie
or dd, doesn't matter) with 3 disks (1 on ch a, 2 on ch b) IBM DDRS 4.5GB
UW-SCSI. If you take 4 disks, I think you'll get about 50..53 MB/s.

A single disks gives about 12..13 MB/s, so SW-RAID-0 scales quite good
if you provide enough SCSI channels (if you put all 3 disks on 1 channel
you'll see less performance).

If you want to be more safe regarding disk failure, you could also use
SW-RAID-5, this gives about 25MB/s using 4 IBM DDRS disks (2 on ch a,
2 on ch b) - not bad, too ;-)

I used kernel 2.2.6, raidtools 0.90 and raid-patch for kernel 2.2.6.

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: CS4232 sound behavior in RH6.0
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 14:10:23 GMT

In article <7joeeh$hqu$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
  Albert C. Lee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Running RedHat 6.0 (2.2.5-15 kernel) on an IBM Thinkpad 600E.
[...]
> options cs4232 io=0x530 irq=5 dma=1 dam2=0 mpuio=0x330 mpuirq=5
> synthirq=-1 synthio=-1

Note the misspelling                  ^^^

From: Daniel in Oregon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: How to disaable printer....???
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 09:52:02 -0700

I need to disable lp0....so I can use it for my paride drive...

Whenever I try to mount my epat...paride thiingie...it says device is
busy...

I know it's because the printer has it....how to disable please...???

Thanks ........

Daniel

------------------------------

From: Mircea <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 11:14:57 -0400

Add 'X3' to your dial string:
ATX3DTxxxxxxx

MST

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Alan Fried)
Subject: Re: HP-720
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 16:56:20 GMT

"T.Goudriaan" <goudr @worldonline.nl> wrote:

>Hello.
>
>I'am just a new user of linux program + software and i have the following
>question.
>Maybe somebody can  tell me how  to install (software) for my        HP-720
>printer, and let it working under linux.
>

>Any help would be appreciated.
>
>T.Goudriaan .Netherlands

Try this website:

http://www.httptech.com/ppa/

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (gene)
Subject: gnome compile problems
Date: 13 Jun 1999 16:49:48 GMT

When I try to compile gnome-core the result is:

make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/src/gnome-core-1.0.6/help-browser'
../idl/help-browser.idl
make[3]: execvp: ../idl/help-browser.idl: Permission denied
make[3]: *** [help-browser.h] Error 127

I also get a similar error when I try to compile control-center.

Thanks for any help,

--
::::: Gene Imes                      http://www.ozob.net :::::

------------------------------

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (JC Vollmer)
Subject: DOSemu setup in RH6.0
Crossposted-To: comp.os.linux.setup
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 16:45:38 GMT

Hello.
I've just installed dosemu-0.99.10-4 under RedHat6.0 along with the
disk image that came with the FreeDOS version 0.72b package, and I
find that most DOS commands are not found.  I cannot use "cls," "copy,"
"attrib," "chkdsk" or any other commands with the exception of "del"
and "dir."

Does anyone know what's wrong?

Please reply via Email.

AtDhVaAnNkCsE

--
JC VOLLMER         TEXT REFS DOUBLEPLUSUNGOOD    DOWN WITH BIG BROTHER
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  SELFTHINK VERGING CRIMETHINK  DOWN WITH BIG BROTHER

------------------------------

From: "Kerry J. Cox" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Kernel panic with new install
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 15:37:10 +0000

==============EF437E7562C5D2EE5176FF89

Okay, I am trying to installl the latest 2.2.9 kernel.  It's been awhile
since I did anything like this.  I am trying to upgrade from a
monolithic RedHat 6.0 install.  I did the usual untar and unzip in
/usr/src/ making a linux directory.  Thanks to Ted Sikora was able to
copy the new bzIMage to /boot and do some additional required steps.
However, I am still getting a kernel panic.  Here's what I get when I
try to boot
the new kernel:

Partition check
request_module[ide-disk]:Root fs not mounted
hda:driver not present
VFS:Cannot open root device 03:01
Kernel panic:VFS:Unable to mount root fs on 03:01

I'm assuming I have neglected to add an additional module somewhere.
I'm
attaching a copy of the configuration of my kernel called "test_kernel"
so you
can see what I am and am not choosing.  If you wouldn't mind telling me
what I am
neglecting to choose, I would sure appreciate it.  I am also attaching
as a file
my dmesg output so you can see what a successful boot is like.  I have
recompiled
about 15 times already and am getting rather disgusted at myself.
    Also here are the specs on my machine:

Pentium 200 MMX
64 megs RAM
S3Virge DX video card
SMC Ultra Ether net card
USRobotics 33.6 external modem
AT keyboard
Serial mouse

--
.-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-.
| Kerry J. Cox          Vyzynz International Inc.       |

==============EF437E7562C5D2EE5176FF89

#
# Automatically generated make config: don't edit
#

#
# Code maturity level options
#
# CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL is not set

#
# Processor type and features
#
CONFIG_M386=y
# CONFIG_M486 is not set
# CONFIG_M586 is not set
# CONFIG_M586TSC is not set
# CONFIG_M686 is not set
# CONFIG_MATH_EMULATION is not set
# CONFIG_MTRR is not set
# CONFIG_SMP is not set

#
# Loadable module support
#
CONFIG_MODULES=y
# CONFIG_MODVERSIONS is not set
CONFIG_KMOD=y

#
# General setup
#
CONFIG_NET=y
CONFIG_PCI=y
# CONFIG_PCI_GOBIOS is not set
# CONFIG_PCI_GODIRECT is not set
CONFIG_PCI_GOANY=y
CONFIG_PCI_BIOS=y
CONFIG_PCI_DIRECT=y
# CONFIG_PCI_QUIRKS is not set
CONFIG_PCI_OLD_PROC=y
# CONFIG_MCA is not set
# CONFIG_VISWS is not set
CONFIG_SYSVIPC=y
# CONFIG_BSD_PROCESS_ACCT is not set
CONFIG_SYSCTL=y
CONFIG_BINFMT_AOUT=m
CONFIG_BINFMT_ELF=y
CONFIG_BINFMT_MISC=m
# CONFIG_PARPORT is not set
# CONFIG_APM is not set

#
# Plug and Play support
#
# CONFIG_PNP is not set

#
# Block devices
#
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_FD=m
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDE=y

#
# Please see Documentation/ide.txt for help/info on IDE drives
#
# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_HD_IDE is not set
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDISK=m
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDECD=y
# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDETAPE is not set
# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEFLOPPY is not set
# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDESCSI is not set
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_CMD640=y
# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_CMD640_ENHANCED is not set
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RZ1000=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEPCI=y
# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDMA is not set
# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_OFFBOARD is not set
# CONFIG_IDE_CHIPSETS is not set

#
# Additional Block Devices
#
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_LOOP=m
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_NBD=m
# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_MD is not set
# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM is not set
# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_XD is not set
CONFIG_PARIDE_PARPORT=y
# CONFIG_PARIDE is not set
# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_HD is not set

#
# Networking options
#
CONFIG_PACKET=m
# CONFIG_NETLINK is not set
# CONFIG_FIREWALL is not set
# CONFIG_FILTER is not set
# CONFIG_UNIX is not set
CONFIG_INET=y
# CONFIG_IP_MULTICAST is not set
# CONFIG_IP_ADVANCED_ROUTER is not set
# CONFIG_IP_PNP is not set
# CONFIG_IP_ROUTER is not set
CONFIG_NET_IPIP=m
CONFIG_NET_IPGRE=m
# CONFIG_IP_ALIAS is not set
# CONFIG_SYN_COOKIES is not set

#
# (it is safe to leave these untouched)
#
# CONFIG_INET_RARP is not set
CONFIG_SKB_LARGE=y

#
#
#
CONFIG_IPX=m
# CONFIG_IPX_INTERN is not set
# CONFIG_ATALK is not set

#
# SCSI support
#
# CONFIG_SCSI is not set
# CONFIG_SCSI_G_NCR5380_PORT is not set
# CONFIG_SCSI_G_NCR5380_MEM is not set

#
# Network device support
#
CONFIG_NETDEVICES=y
# CONFIG_ARCNET is not set
CONFIG_DUMMY=m
# CONFIG_EQUALIZER is not set
CONFIG_NET_ETHERNET=y
# CONFIG_NET_VENDOR_3COM is not set
# CONFIG_LANCE is not set
CONFIG_NET_VENDOR_SMC=y
# CONFIG_WD80x3 is not set
CONFIG_ULTRA=y
# CONFIG_ULTRA32 is not set
# CONFIG_SMC9194 is not set
# CONFIG_NET_VENDOR_RACAL is not set
# CONFIG_NET_ISA is not set
# CONFIG_NET_EISA is not set
# CONFIG_NET_POCKET is not set
# CONFIG_FDDI is not set
# CONFIG_DLCI is not set
CONFIG_PPP=y

#
# CCP compressors for PPP are only built as modules.
#
# CONFIG_SLIP is not set
# CONFIG_NET_RADIO is not set
# CONFIG_TR is not set
# CONFIG_HOSTESS_SV11 is not set
# CONFIG_COSA is not set
# CONFIG_RCPCI is not set
# CONFIG_WAN_DRIVERS is not set

#
# Amateur Radio support
#
# CONFIG_HAMRADIO is not set

#
# ISDN subsystem
#
# CONFIG_ISDN is not set

#
# Old CD-ROM drivers (not SCSI, not IDE)
#
# CONFIG_CD_NO_IDESCSI is not set

#
# Character devices
#
CONFIG_VT=y
CONFIG_VT_CONSOLE=y
CONFIG_SERIAL=m
# CONFIG_SERIAL_EXTENDED is not set
# CONFIG_SERIAL_NONSTANDARD is not set
# CONFIG_UNIX98_PTYS is not set
# CONFIG_MOUSE is not set
# CONFIG_QIC02_TAPE is not set
# CONFIG_WATCHDOG is not set
CONFIG_NVRAM=m
# CONFIG_RTC is not set

#
# Video For Linux
#
# CONFIG_VIDEO_DEV is not set

#
# Joystick support
#
# CONFIG_JOYSTICK is not set
# CONFIG_DTLK is not set

#
# Ftape, the floppy tape device driver
#
# CONFIG_FTAPE is not set
# CONFIG_FT_NORMAL_DEBUG is not set
# CONFIG_FT_FULL_DEBUG is not set
# CONFIG_FT_NO_TRACE is not set
# CONFIG_FT_NO_TRACE_AT_ALL is not set
# CONFIG_FT_STD_FDC is not set
# CONFIG_FT_MACH2 is not set
# CONFIG_FT_PROBE_FC10 is not set
# CONFIG_FT_ALT_FDC is not set

#
# Filesystems
#
CONFIG_QUOTA=y
CONFIG_AUTOFS_FS=y
# CONFIG_AFFS_FS is not set
# CONFIG_HFS_FS is not set
CONFIG_FAT_FS=m
CONFIG_MSDOS_FS=m
CONFIG_UMSDOS_FS=m
CONFIG_VFAT_FS=m
CONFIG_ISO9660_FS=y
CONFIG_JOLIET=y
CONFIG_MINIX_FS=m
CONFIG_NTFS_FS=m
# CONFIG_HPFS_FS is not set
CONFIG_PROC_FS=y
CONFIG_ROMFS_FS=m
CONFIG_EXT2_FS=y
CONFIG_SYSV_FS=y
CONFIG_UFS_FS=m
# CONFIG_UFS_FS_WRITE is not set

#
# Network File Systems
#
CONFIG_CODA_FS=m
CONFIG_NFS_FS=m
CONFIG_SUNRPC=m
CONFIG_LOCKD=m
CONFIG_SMB_FS=m
CONFIG_SMB_WIN95=y
# CONFIG_NCP_FS is not set

#
# Partition Types
#
# CONFIG_BSD_DISKLABEL is not set
# CONFIG_MAC_PARTITION is not set
# CONFIG_SMD_DISKLABEL is not set
# CONFIG_SOLARIS_X86_PARTITION is not set
CONFIG_NLS=y

#
# Native Language Support
#
CONFIG_NLS_CODEPAGE_437=m
# CONFIG_NLS_CODEPAGE_737 is not set
# CONFIG_NLS_CODEPAGE_775 is not set
# CONFIG_NLS_CODEPAGE_850 is not set
# CONFIG_NLS_CODEPAGE_852 is not set
# CONFIG_NLS_CODEPAGE_855 is not set
# CONFIG_NLS_CODEPAGE_857 is not set
# CONFIG_NLS_CODEPAGE_860 is not set
# CONFIG_NLS_CODEPAGE_861 is not set
# CONFIG_NLS_CODEPAGE_862 is not set
# CONFIG_NLS_CODEPAGE_863 is not set
# CONFIG_NLS_CODEPAGE_864 is not set
# CONFIG_NLS_CODEPAGE_865 is not set
# CONFIG_NLS_CODEPAGE_866 is not set
# CONFIG_NLS_CODEPAGE_869 is not set
# CONFIG_NLS_CODEPAGE_874 is not set
# CONFIG_NLS_ISO8859_1 is not set
# CONFIG_NLS_ISO8859_2 is not set
# CONFIG_NLS_ISO8859_3 is not set
# CONFIG_NLS_ISO8859_4 is not set
# CONFIG_NLS_ISO8859_5 is not set
# CONFIG_NLS_ISO8859_6 is not set
# CONFIG_NLS_ISO8859_7 is not set
# CONFIG_NLS_ISO8859_8 is not set
# CONFIG_NLS_ISO8859_9 is not set
# CONFIG_NLS_ISO8859_15 is not set
# CONFIG_NLS_KOI8_R is not set

#
# Console drivers
#
CONFIG_VGA_CONSOLE=y
# CONFIG_VIDEO_SELECT is not set

#
# Sound
#
CONFIG_SOUND=m
# CONFIG_SOUND_ES1370 is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_ES1371 is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_SONICVIBES is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_MSNDCLAS is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_MSNDPIN is not set
CONFIG_SOUND_OSS=m
# CONFIG_SOUND_PAS is not set
CONFIG_SOUND_SB=m
CONFIG_SOUND_ADLIB=m
# CONFIG_SOUND_GUS is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_MPU401 is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_PSS is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_MSS is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_SSCAPE is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_TRIX is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_MAD16 is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_WAVEFRONT is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_CS4232 is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_OPL3SA2 is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_MAUI is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_SGALAXY is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_OPL3SA1 is not set
# CONFIG_SOUND_SOFTOSS is not set
CONFIG_SOUND_YM3812=m
CONFIG_SOUND_VMIDI=m
# CONFIG_SOUND_UART6850 is not set

#
# Additional low level sound drivers
#
# CONFIG_LOWLEVEL_SOUND is not set

#
# Kernel hacking
#
# CONFIG_MAGIC_SYSRQ is not set

==============EF437E7562C5D2EE5176FF89

Linux version 2.2.5-15 ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) (gcc version egcs-2.91.66
19990314/Linux (egcs-1.1.2 release)) #1 Mon Apr 19 22:21:09 EDT 1999
Detected 200457078 Hz processor.
Console: colour VGA+ 80x25
Calibrating delay loop... 399.77 BogoMIPS
Memory: 63140k/65536k available (996k kernel code, 412k reserved, 928k data, 60k init)
VFS: Diskquotas version dquot_6.4.0 initialized
CPU: Intel Pentium MMX stepping 03
Checking 386/387 coupling... OK, FPU using exception 16 error reporting.
Checking 'hlt' instruction... OK.
Intel Pentium with F0 0F bug - workaround enabled.
POSIX conformance testing by UNIFIX
PCI: PCI BIOS revision 2.10 entry at 0xfac60
PCI: Using configuration type 1
PCI: Probing PCI hardware
Linux NET4.0 for Linux 2.2
Based upon Swansea University Computer Society NET3.039
NET4: Unix domain sockets 1.0 for Linux NET4.0.
NET4: Linux TCP/IP 1.0 for NET4.0
IP Protocols: ICMP, UDP, TCP, IGMP
Initializing RT netlink socket
Starting kswapd v 1.5
Detected PS/2 Mouse Port.
Serial driver version 4.27 with MANY_PORTS MULTIPORT SHARE_IRQ enabled
ttyS00 at 0x03f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A
ttyS01 at 0x02f8 (irq = 3) is a 16550A
pty: 256 Unix98 ptys configured
apm: BIOS version 1.2 Flags 0x07 (Driver version 1.9)
Real Time Clock Driver v1.09
RAM disk driver initialized:  16 RAM disks of 4096K size
PIIX4: IDE controller on PCI bus 00 dev 39
PIIX4: not 100% native mode: will probe irqs later
    ide0: BM-DMA at 0xf000-0xf007, BIOS settings: hda:pio, hdb:pio
    ide1: BM-DMA at 0xf008-0xf00f, BIOS settings: hdc:pio, hdd:pio
hda: WDC AC2540F, ATA DISK drive
hdb: ST51080A, ATA DISK drive
hdc: QUANTUM BIGFOOT_CY4320A, ATA DISK drive
hdd: LTN301, ATAPI CDROM drive
ide0 at 0x1f0-0x1f7,0x3f6 on irq 14
ide1 at 0x170-0x177,0x376 on irq 15
hda: WDC AC2540F, 515MB w/64kB Cache, CHS=524/32/63
hdb: ST51080A, 1033MB w/128kB Cache, CHS=525/64/63
hdc: QUANTUM BIGFOOT_CY4320A, 4134MB w/67kB Cache, CHS=8960/15/63
hdd: ATAPI 32X CD-ROM drive, 120kB Cache
Uniform CDROM driver Revision: 2.54
Floppy drive(s): fd0 is 1.44M
FDC 0 is a post-1991 82077
md driver 0.90.0 MAX_MD_DEVS=256, MAX_REAL=12
raid5: measuring checksumming speed
raid5: using high-speed MMX checksum routine
   pII_mmx   :   379.095 MB/sec
   p5_mmx    :   369.189 MB/sec
   8regs     :   220.218 MB/sec
   32regs    :   193.548 MB/sec
using fastest function: pII_mmx (379.095 MB/sec)
scsi : 0 hosts.
scsi : detected total.
md.c: sizeof(mdp_super_t) = 4096
Partition check:
 hda: hda1 hda2 < hda5 >
 hdb: hdb1 hdb2 < hdb5 >
 hdc: hdc1 hdc2 < hdc5 hdc6 >
autodetecting RAID arrays
autorun ...
... autorun DONE.
Freeing unused kernel memory: 60k freed
Adding Swap: 98748k swap-space (priority -1)
smc-ultra.c: Presently autoprobing (not recommended) for a single card.
smc-ultra.c:v2.02 2/3/98 Donald Becker ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
eth0: SMC Ultra at 0x300, 00 00 C0 83 BC 7C,assigned  IRQ 10 memory 0xcc000-0xcffff.
Installing knfsd (copyright (C) 1996 [EMAIL PROTECTED]).
nfsd_init: initialized fhcache, entries=256
CSLIP: code copyright 1989 Regents of the University of California
PPP: version 2.3.3 (demand dialling)
PPP line discipline registered.
registered device ppp0

==============EF437E7562C5D2EE5176FF89==