Hi Linus,

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 09:22:17AM +0200, Linus Walleij wrote:
> That's it. If there is interest I can surely pick it up and wrap the
> current enable/disable calls around it or even rewrite all drivers
> to use the set_ios() approach as in this patchset I think.
>
> What happened was that I had this iterated a few times as Pierre was
> getting increasingly overloaded and it was on the verge of merging
> when he resigned as MMC maintainer.
>
> The next week or so the big hammer callbacks from OMAP were
> merged as part of their mainline procedure.
>
> I can move the timeing code to wrap the current callbacks
> instead atleast that would make things more according to spec.

Sounds excellent.  Thank you!

There are a few groups to keep in touch with on this:

* The omap_hsmmc folks, of course
* Ohad Ben-Cohen has SDIO runtime PM patches¹, which I think should
  be merged
* Kevin Hilman is working on converting omap_hsmmc over to runtime PM²
* Matthew Garrett is working on a patch to power down unused SDHCI
  devices using runtime PM

- Chris.

¹:  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel.mmc/3968
²: