On Dec 1, 2010, at 11:40 PM, Jaehoon Chung wrote:

> Philip Rakity wrote:

>>> If we set the fixed timeout value to 0xe, we should remove the broken
>>> timeout value. right.
>>> But in my patch, nevertheless i used the broken timeout value quirk, need
>>> to reset timeout value at that time.
>>> Because if didn't set timeout value, broken card fire busy state..so happen
>>> the data timeout error.
>>>
>>> Anyway, your opinion seem good..
>>

>> The timeout value in the host controller should not change once it is set.
>> It s not supposed to
>> change value on reset (for example).
>>
>> Curious -- if you read the value when you are in the busy state before you
>> set it -- what value is there.
>
> I checked the timeout value to 0xa (i didn't use broken timeout value. if i
> used that quirk, set to 0xe)
> When suspend/resume..timeout value set to 0x0...so i set them...

Somewhere in the code the value is being reset or when the hardware does a
reset it is being cleared.
Add code to the sdhci reset logic to check if it happens there.  if so --> then
controller issue.

If you have a test I can run.  I can try to reproduce the problem on my
controller and if so then it is in
the standard code and just need to find it.