Hi Arnd,
  As explained in previous mail, the IOCTL is actually an inteface to
block layer and it is only expecting read/write commands to be sent
through the interface.The prrof of it can be seen in write_flag
present in the IOCTL structure which indicates the either the command
can be read or a write command.

So, can I submit a linux module to the kernel which uses the same
mmc_ioc_cmd structure and do all the required processing in my module.

To be clear on my requirement:
it is  To test ALL SD/MMC Commands and NOT just the  Read/Write Commands.
or should I extend the mmc_test module present in kernel to support
testing of individual commands as well ?
Can I get some suggestions on what approach to take ?

--
regards,
Shashidhar Hiremath