On 01/20/2012 04:31 PM, Adrian Hunter wrote:

> On 19/01/12 17:32, S, Venkatraman wrote:
>> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 5:14 PM, Adrian Hunter <adrian.hun...@intel.com>
>> wrote:

>>> 1. Say there are 2 write requests queued and after the first write request
>>> the bkops level is 3.  That means the 2nd write request may timeout because
>>> the normal timeout rules do not apply.
>>>
>>> Thus:
>>>        1. at level 3 either bkops are run or the timeout of the next
>>>        (data?) operation is extended
>>>
>>> 2. Say you are running bkops because the level was 3 and a write request
>>> arrives.  You use HPI to interrupt the bkops, but the bkops level may still
>>> be 3, so the write request may timeout.  Hence:
>>>
>>>        2. at level 3 either the bkops must not be interrupted or the
>>>        level must be rechecked after interruption and bkops run again
>>>        if the level is still 3, or the timeout of the next (data?)
>>>        operation is extended
>>>

>> A naive question perhaps, but don't the current timeout values include
>> sufficient
>> buffer to do implicit garbage collection anyways ?
>
> Maybe, but the problem is the JEDEC specification says otherwise.  This bit
> is a quote:
>
>       If the status is at level 3 ("critical"), some operations
>       may extend beyond their original timeouts due to maintenance
>       operations which cannot be delayed anymore.
>
> I think level 3 is a very rare case so I would just run bkops and wait for
> it to finish without interruption.

Yes..JEDEC spec say those..but I think not bad that wait for bkops-done..
actually i didn't know how long time run the bkops...
so i think the use the hpi command..then re-check the bkops-status until clear
status.
(i think the request's priority is higher than any bkops status)

it would be open to interpretation that sentence.

Best Regards,
Jaehoon Chung