Hi Dinh,

On 01/10/2014 01:15 AM, Dinh Nguyen wrote:
> On Thu, 2014-01-09 at 12:41 +0900, Jaehoon Chung wrote:
>> Dear, Dinh

>>> I went through the databook and I think that the timing values are
>>> mentioned throughout the spec. It
>>> just does not explicitly mentions ddr/sdr timing, but it is mentioned as
>>> cclk_in_drv(aka drvsel), and
>>> cclk_in_sample(aka smpsel). Even the macro in dw_mmc-exynos,
>>> SDMMC_CLKSEL_CCLK_DRIVE() and
>>> SDMMC_CLKSEL_CCLK_SAMPLE() is stating this.
>>>
>>> So I do not believe that "samsung, dw-mshc-sdr-timing" and
>>> "samsung,dw-mshc-ddr-timing" are not
>>> exclusive to only the exynos platform. Just the fact that the SOCFPGA
>>> platform can re-use the same
>>> "samsung,dw-mshc-sdr-timing" property proves that this is not just an
>>> exynos specific value.
>>
>> i didn't see the register that the sdr/ddr timing is used at Synopsys DoC
>> file.
>> Even if SOCFPGA platform can reuse the samsung property, it's not general
>> property, isn't?
>
> I think the Rockchip platform can also use it, but it hasn't been
> clearly documented yet.
>
>> Under SoC.. cclk_in_drv can be implemented differently.
>
> Yes, agreed. Clearly the cclk_in_drv and cclk_in_sample methods to shift
> the phase of the CIU clock is implemented differently. The exynos'
> implementation is not getting touched at all.
>
>> We have just known that sdr/ddr timing is used at exynos/socfpga board.
>>
>> I just found clk_drv/smpl_phase_ctrl at UHS register, I think this isn't
>> ddr/sdr timing.
>

> But let's take a look at what are the possible values ddr/sdr timings
> can take? From Documentation/devicetree/bindings/mmc/exynos-dw-mshc.txt:
>
> "Valid values for SDR and DDR CIU clock timing for Exynos5250:
>       - valid value for tx phase shift and rx phase shift is 0 to 7."
>
> For socfpga, 0 = 45 degrees shift, 1 = 90 degrees shift,...[n++] and 7 =
> 315 degrees shift. If my guess is correct, it should also be the same
> for exynos.

Right, socfpga is used with similar timing value.
But All SoC should not be same with exynos.

>>> The spec has a table on when to use the hold-reg bit. The conditions for
>>> using the hold-reg bit is
>>> only dependent the hold-reg hw implementation and the value of
>>> cclk_in_drv. The value of cclk_in_drv
>>> is specified by the 2nd parameter of "samsung,dw-mshc-sdr-timing".
>>
>> Right, the spec is mentioned when hold-reg bit could be used.
>> But that's not that ddr/sdr timing is general value.
>
> Do you agree that the 2nd value of sdr/ddr timing is representing the
> cclk_in_drv? Looking at the code dw_mmc-exynos.c, this is indeed what
> the 2nd value in sdr/ddr timing is representing.

Agreed it. did you think that cclk_in_drv and DDR/SDR timing value is same?
Right..it's same meaning. Using Hold_REG is affected with presence of sdr/ddr
timing.

> So we can come up with a more generic DTS binding that the generic
> dw_mmc driver can use to set the hold-reg, but that binding still needs
> to pass in the cclk_in_drv somehow, as cclk_in_drv is the only external
> variable that is needed to determine when to set hold-reg.
>
> And if sdr/ddr timing is already representing cclk_in_drv, doesn't it
> make sense to re-use that binding?

I didn't know exactly which soc is used with sdr/ddr timing.
As socfpga and exynos is used, it's not become the general property.

Well, I understood your opinion. So i will consider more about this.

Best Regards,
Jaehoon Chung