Chris,
I haven't seen anything else get proposed. If not, can you include
this patch in mmc-utils ToT and use it as a basis to drive the FFU
support conversation forward?

On Sun, Feb 9, 2014 at 1:06 AM, Alex Lemberg <alex.lemb...@sandisk.com> wrote:
> Hi Grant,
>
> We will contribute shortly our FFU implementation code (RFC) , in which we
> are addressing both issues discussed below:
>
> - FW File size limitation
> - Atomic FFU Process

Did this get posted? my gmail filters might be misconfigured and
prevented me from seeing it.

> However our implementation is in both layers - kernel driver and mmc-utils.

I have no objection to an implementation which requires both kernel
and mmc-utils. I agree addressing those problems would be a Good Thing
(tm).

However, future promises should NOT prevent improving the current state.

And the patch I proposed would work on existing kernels that are being
shipped to run with eMMC 5.0 devices. I'm not referring to ChromeOS
since I can backport changes to those kernels and deliver those to
ChromeOS users within 8 weeks (worst case...best case is usually about
a week). That's not necessarily true for other distributions/builds.

> We will be happy to get your comments.

excellent! :)

thanks,
grant