On Thursday 10 September 2015 01:34 PM, Jisheng Zhang wrote:
Hi Russell,

On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 09:02:33 +0100
Russell King - ARM Linux <li...@arm.linux.org.uk> wrote:

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 03:31:29PM +0800, Jisheng Zhang wrote:
Hi Vaibhav,

On Thu, 10 Sep 2015 12:40:48 +0530
Vaibhav Hiremath <vaibhav.hirem...@linaro.org> wrote:

Hi,

During my testing of SDHCI-PXAV3 driver on Marvell's pxa1928
based platform, I observed that runtime PM suspend/resume is having
issues with card insertion and removal.

Let me try to explain it using execution sequence -

During boot:

MMC SD card gets detected as expected.

[    2.431012] mmc1: new high speed SDHC card at address 1234
[    2.437235] mmcblk1: mmc1:1234 SA04G 3.63 GiB
[    2.444841]  mmcblk1: p1

Now after coming to the linux prompt, if card removal event occurs
then the call sequence is -

   sdhci_irq() -->
    -> sdhci_thread_irq(): host->thread_isr - 0x80
       -> sdhci_card_event()
       -> mmc_detect_change()
          --> _mmc_detect_change()
              --->  mmc_sd_detect()
                    mmc_sd_remove()
                    mmc_remove_card()
                    mmc_bus_remove()
                    mmc_power_off()
                    mmc_set_initial_state()
                    sdhci_set_ios()
         sdhci_pxav3_runtime_suspend()
         sdhci_runtime_suspend_host()

Till here everything looks perfect :) (if I got it right)

Now on card insertion again, the expectation is, runtime resume should
get called as part of interrupt trigger from the SDHCI controller on
card insertion.

AFAIK, card insertion => wakeup irq, this irq doesn't come from SDHCI

Wakeup IRQs are what happens when the _system_ is in suspend, not
when the device is runtime suspended.

Oh, yes. Sorry for misleading, I didn't express myself clearly. What
I really means is that the card insertion/remove irq which could finally
cause sdhci host resumed.

So Jisheng,

You are ok with above change, right?

Thanks,