Hello.

Hartmut Figge wrote:
It doesn't *cure* the problem, because
the real problem is an exepack's bugs
and not the default DOS loader.
 To clarify: it cured the problem with pushover. Or should i say, it
 circumvented the problem caused by exepack?
That sounds better:)

Can we agree, that there are cases, in which loadfix will work?
Sure, but it is not the real fix. It can
work around the "packed file corrupt" problem,
but I am just wondering why people prefer
that "solution", if unpacking exe is a permanent
fix, i.e. you will have to do that only once, you
will not be affected by another exepack bugs
etc.
What I was actually arguing against, is this:
That cured the problem with the 'corrupte file' and was the only way, to use that game.
It was neither the only, nor the best way in
fact. I never argued it can work around "packed
file corrupt" problem, but when the real fix
exists, loadfix seems useless to me. loadfix is a
kind of a bug-to-bug annihilation, not the fix.