[Stas Sergeev]:

> Hartmut Figge wrote:
>
>>Looking in the folder, in which ancient batch files resides, shows e.g.
>>push.bat, which contains the line 'loadfix push'.
>>That cured the problem with the 'corrupte file' and was the only way,
>>to use that game.
>
> I don't agree. loadfix works around the
> exepack bugs by preventing the load to
> some specific memory regions, AFAIK.
> It doesn't *cure* the problem, because
> the real problem is an exepack's bugs
> and not the default DOS loader.

To clarify: it cured the problem with pushover. Or should i say, it
circumvented the problem caused by exepack?

Nevertheless, that has nothing to do with dosemu. It was a problem with
some versions of MSDOS. IIRC, in any case, i got the 'corrupted file'
message, i could run 'loadfix programm' and the problem went away.

Of course, i had only tested a few of such programms, and there may be
other programms without hope.

Can we agree, that there are cases, in which loadfix will work?

cu
--
hafi