On Sun, 3 Nov 2002, Stas Sergeev wrote:

> That always puzzled me. I knew that it gets
> carefully hidden from the most of the regular
> developers (not the existant of the list, but
> its *content*). That always made me think that
> something goes totally wrong here. Probably
> that was due to the high spam ratio, but this
> is unlikely. Other than that, I see no sane
> reasons, but there probably were an insane
> ones:)

Non-trivial (and well-written) bug reports were sometimes forwarded to
dosemu-devel, so it wasn't exactly completely hidden. It was just a way of
sending email to two persons (Hans and Alistair), and later three (Hans,
Alistair and myself), just like some people like sending me bug reports
privately. Now I don't like private bug reports so that's why I changed
the system (after a bit of asking around of course).

So now the one and only reason for dosemu-bugs is the submit-bug-report
script, which will stay around for as long as people are using DOSEMU's
containing this script. So, if you know a way to connect submit-bug-report
to the bug tracker at sourceforge, then let me know :)

It's not too important really (at this stage) -- the last legitimate post
to dosemu-bugs was dated June 24 and none of them used submit-bug-report.

Bart