* At 2002-11-29T00:06+0300, Stas Sergeev wrote:
| Well, before anything else, please just explain (to yourself and to
| me:) what do you *actually* need?

Stas, thanks for answering, I'm sorry if I sound confused, because I'm
not actually very much so. :)  Let me try to explain in examples.

I have a Linux box and a DOS box on my LAN.  Using DOSEMU's packet
driver I'm able to link them up with IPX in Doom.  That's great.

Now, if I want to link with someone else over the Internet, I can use an
IPX bridge/tunnel to connect to a remote LAN from my Linux box.  Doing
this, I can link my DOS box with the other side in Doom and play over
the net.

However, I can _not_ link my Linux box running DOSEMU to the other side,
as long as the IPX tunnel runs on the same box.  The incoming IPX
packets _are_ to broadcast address, but DOSEMU does not pick them up
because (I assume) they originate from the same interface, eth0.  I
cannot use the loopback interface for this, as that wouldn't enable me
to link to both the DOS box and the other side of the tunnel at once.
Using my hack, DOSEMU picks up the tunneled packets, and is able to link
to both the other side and my local DOS box.

It seems to me that DOSEMU _should_ be able to pick up these packets,
since, again, they're aimed to broadcast (all Doom IPX traffic is,
AFAIK).

Any clearer?

--
Stian Sletner