Dear DOSEMU support:

We are trying to preserve a dos legacy application that utilizes I/O through a
serial port. Attempting to use DOSEMU 1.02 as an ordinary user (with the
appropriate definitions in dosemu.conf i.e. $_com1 = "/dev/ttys0" ) however does
not seem to allow access to the serial port in a Linux version 9.x installation.
Can you advise me what the miminally priveleged set up is to allow dosemu access
to the serial port. Perhaps this is a combination of Linux and dosemu
configurations that I am unaware of.

Yours Sincerely

Dr. Syd Kreitzman
MuSR Facility Manager