Well, I was poking around a SS faq, and found something mentioning that a
palette error can be caused by bad sound settings. I turned sound off, and
it runs fine. After fiddling with the sound settings, it runs now with
sound effects, and I'll watch the sound thread for getting my midi working.

Thanks to those who tried.

--

                        -Adrian Abraham ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
                         CS1371 Teaching Assistant