On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 08:02:37PM +0100, Julius Schwartzenberg wrote:

> When I set up the OPL3 chip in Linux, I specified it should use port
> 0x388 and not another port. I'm able to change this port to something
> else through the module settings. Would it be a good idea to change this
> value?

Most programs that want an Adlib or OPL3 chip expect the port to be
0x388.  Only programs which used the dual-OPL2 of SBPro usually use
0x220, and these are very rare.  Only program I know of that uses 0x228
is sb-sound.com.  So 0x388 is the best setting for now.  I can't explain
your other problems until I test this myself.

--
Ryan Underwood, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>