Under Linux, don't

1. Save an email attachment to your home directory.
2. Chmod it to give it executable permission
3. explicitly run said file
4. don't do any of the above as root

Seems like another Honor System virus for Linux.

OTOH, if you're running windows...

beat the drive to death with a ball peen hammer, get a new drive,
and install Linux... <g> OK, so that's a bit of an over-reaction.

This beast is a "technology demonstration" only, apparently only
seen and reported on by a single anti-virus vendor. No instances of
this are in the wild, according to several reports I read today.
Like all virii, if you practice safe email (which is considerably
more difficult under Windows than Linux), then you're pretty safe.

BTW - I couldn't get to the ABC site to see just how shrill their
overreaction was.

regards,

.brian

--
Brian Bilbrey :: [EMAIL PROTECTED] :: www.orbdesigns.com
    "In times of great joy, it is a comfort to know