On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 10:02:12PM +0200, Ola Theander wrote:
> configuration script that "GTK-config" is not in the PATH enviroment
> variable. It seems like there are some GTK libs installed in the /usr/lib
> directories.

gtk-config is a script file.

nexus@thune[1:10pm]~(648) which gtk-config
/usr/bin/gtk-config

Now, the later versions of gtk (1.3.x) are moving away from individual
applications/tools from installing their own *-config file and instead,
using a more general pkg-config application.

But not everyone is using the new format.

So if you have a really new version of gtk+ installed (i.e., probably
1.3.x) then gtk-config isn't going to be found.

It *appears* to me that you can install both the latest 1.2.* and 1.3.* of
glib/gtk, but I haven't verified that there are no other conflicts.

mrc
--
     Mike Castle      [EMAIL PROTECTED]      www.netcom.com/~dalgoda/