On Sunday 26 May 2002 09:58, Jose Luis Alarcon wrote:
> --- Richard Adams <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >On Friday 24 May 2002 21:40, Matthew Stapleton wrote:
> >> Say someone, like myself, did not like windows and wanted a more Unix
> >> type experience or environment.  Would you suggest Debian or Slackware?
> >> I actually want to try to learn about the system and not just point and
> >> click.
> >
> >Slackware
>
>   Debian. ;-).

I stand by my statement, if one wants to learn how linux works, use
slackware, its the only system that allows you to install what "you" want and
not what the system wants, try that with all other distro's.

Try installing debian, redhat, mandrake, suse on a system with low memory.
Slackware can be installed on an old machine with 8MB, others cant.
Slackware is operator dependant, that means configure things like X yourself
if you want too, most all other distro's do it for you, so you see with those
other distro's you "dont" learn linux as good as you do when one uses
Slackware period.

--
Regards Richard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]