Hello!

I am setting up a small network of one Linux and one non-Linux box.  The
network is established via Ethernet; ifconfig and route report verify this.
I am able to telnet from the non-linux to the Linux box but only using the
IP address - NOT using the hostname.  However, when I try to telnet from the
Linux box to itself ( using the loopback interface ), it works fine.  My
/etc/hosts , /etc/resolv.conf and /etc/networks seem to be ok.

I don't have 'named' running, but it looks like I might need to ( though I
had wanted to avoid it ).

Any ideas are appreciated.
--
Jim Earl