I'm a newbie with Linux and I'm trying to install Red Hat 7.3 in my AMD K6
box (128 mb RAM, 233 mhz, 6 gb hard drive) to be the sole OS for that box.
When the installation program tries to detect the network card (eth0) it
gives me a FAILED message.

I'm trying to have a home network using a LinkSys router with a Windows XP
box and this AMD PC connected peer to peer and another ethernet connection
to use with my laptop.

I'm trying to decide if the problem is in the NIC card or in my attempt to
install Red Hat.  Is it very difficult to connect a Linux box and an XP box
peer to peer?

Thanks,

EN