From: Paul Kraus [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 20 September 2002 18:33
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Proxy

I want to be able to have all web traffic filter through my Linux
server. I need to be able to log all activity. Who made the request and
what pages they went to. I also need to be to use a white list. Only
allowing access to certain sites rather then a blacklist which just
refuses access to certain sites. I have been looking at the squid
package but it seems to be more of a web cache then a proxy. At least
all the documentation I have read on has be cache specific. Any
suggestions on what software I should run and maybe a link to the docs.
Thanks!

Paul Kraus
Network Administrator
PEL Supply Company